Burning Palms

blue marlin

post-2662-1213856465_thumb.jpg[quote name='kingfisher84' date='Jun 18 2008, 06:22

lucky :( . been getting much. i go down to otford heeps .might try that point out there any good

The first point is a shallow reef and is not bad for the blackfish and drummer. The second point is called the 8 named after the rock pool that looks like a figure 8. The bottom out off the eight is sand and arond 15 feet deep straight off the edge good for just about any fish. This photo was taken from the 8.

Nice pic Nudge , so where is this pretty spot?

The royal national park 2 beaches down from garie.

Taken from my shack at Burning palmspost-2662-1213773654_thumb.jpg

Nudge...

Looks like a nice view to wake up to...

you have power via a gennie i sumise....

and does the hoof in take you long.....

and last but most importantly...... do the local bottlo and pizza shop do home delivery.....

Cheers Warnie...

[quote name='ungry warnie' date='Jun 19 2008, 04:36 PM

Nudge...

Looks like a nice view to wake up to...

you have power via a gennie i sumise....

and does the hoof in take you long.....

and last but most importantly...... do the local bottlo and pizza shop do home delivery.....

Cheers Warnie...

The best veiw in the world there is nothing better than waking up in the morning and deciding wether or not to have a surf or to go and have a fish. The light is powered by a kero lamp and the walk in is only 15 minutes. Who needs pizza when you set a lobster pot as soon as you get down there :1prop:

are these the houses/shacks you see when looking over the cliffe near the coffee shop at the end of the national park(close to Stanwell Tops) ????

That group of shacks below otford is called bulgo. Burning palms is another 8 km walk from there.

Hi Nudge

Lovely spot and like another world to stay in the RNP so close to Sydney. Haven't heard what is going on with all the shacks now for a few years as about 10 years we looked closely at property in Bundeena. The story then was that the current direct relo could stay on but after this generation the leases ( I use that term losely) wouldn't be renewed. Is that still the case? There was a few disputes between shack owners tears ago as well- well beyond friendly neighbours - any of that crap going on or have people settled their differences?

I actually like having a few locals in the park there as I think it stops a lot of idiots hanging around and the locals notice if somehing is out of place.

Cheers Pel

PS If you feel like adopting a new family member to keep up the tradition of occupation down there just tell me!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from my shack at Burning palmspost-2662-1213773654_thumb.jpg

hey mate i did a hike from down at otford up to bundeena with school and went past alot of those shacks looks like some havent been touched for years whille others hav had alot of work put into em. me and 1 of my mates who is also into fishing were saying to each other the whole way that we wish we had our rods after seeing some of those perfect ledges!