Jackets Wed 18th

hookerbruce

Had a couple of hours to spare on wed- made couple of phone calls-found a crew.

Put the boat in at 1pm and went out off Cronulla bottom bouncing. Found big schools of big slimies near the bommie. Only managed two good squid about 3/4 kg that tried to eat the slimies.

Went out and drifted in about 40 metres for flathead we ended up keeping about 35 jackets threw back about a doz little ones.

They cost about 10 sinkers and 20 hooks. Caught and released 6 small sand flathead don't know how they got to the bait before the jackets. Good thing jackets taste good, so do the squid.

Saw a couple of penguins in Port Hacking but no whales.

Still better than finnishing the painting at home.

back at the ramp with boat out of the water by 4pm.

Still hooking

Bruce

well done bruce for your contubution to thining out the jackets

did you know there is no size limit and 20 per fisherperson limit

your efort means there is only 25 000 000 000 to go

i will be getting my bag some time over the weekend [o horay for the hord ]not

cherrs gary

i went out yesterday with a few mates and caught a few leatheries , i let them keep it all.mates threw small ones back not before slicing them in half as burley hehe and all the big ones were kept,hope this could help a little to get rid of the pests.

Edited by Crazy John

musty, how big is your boat? I fish the inshore grounds quite regularly in a tinnie. The one i have now is 3.95m but i used to do itin a 3.7m. Has a 15hp. I feel quite comfrotable and the jackets are thick only a km or two from the heads. Just make sure you keep an eye on the weather and have all the appropriate safety gear: flares, V sheet, compass, map etc. You don't need a radio unless your going overthe 2 nautical mile mark. Good luck on the jackets (not that you will need it) and use wire unless you intend to spend half your time re-rigging :1prop:

musty you should have no probs,picking up jackets in the harbor

all the ones we kept last week were caught at q point on the sheltered side in 14 meters

if you draw aline from q point to the next point[manly walf way]about 200 meters from q point thats a good spot in any south wind we head there after trolling for a cuppa and lunch and have caght some off my best flathead there[ i call it never fail as it never has] but do'nt tell any one lol

would love to take you trolling around the gap one day mate it's a bit slow lateley and being old at 45 i have a prob getting up at 4.00 to be there with live bait by 6.00 lol

will give you a pm when it warms up a bit gary