Roseville Landbased Today

glennmreid

What an awesome day! Met up with my fishing buddy Mike, and brought my wife along. After a slow start, Mike caught a good 54 cm then line started to peel from Mike's reel. We all thought must be a Jew. After a good fight, a decent stingray of around 10kgs was landed, and released. Not long after, my wife caught a 35cm bream, then a 35cm flounder. I am amazed at the diffeent species of fish that are caught up there. Then a good size school of tailor must have came by. They were very agressive. Mike cast out a small metal lure, and it kept geeting smashed with every cast.

I was getting worried, as I was getting good bites, but no fish. Then, around 4pm my reel started to scream. I felt head shakes, and I thought this must be a decent flattie. After a good fight, I managed to land a 64cm, 2.5kg flattie. This is a personal best for me. Then, the next cast my bait was smashed again. I landed another flattie that measured 44cm. after a slow start, the day finished on a high. Another great day out. In the end, brought home a feed of 3 flatties, bream and a flounder.

Mike's 54cm flattie

post-3324-1214045189_thumb.jpg

Flounder

post-3324-1214045258_thumb.jpg

My 64cm, 2.5kg flattie

post-3324-1214045324_thumb.jpg

me with 46cm flattie

post-3324-1214045376_thumb.jpg

Wife with flounder

post-3324-1214045702_thumb.jpg

wife with bream

post-3324-1214045763_thumb.jpg

Me with my pb 64cm, 2.5kg flattie

post-3324-1214045825_thumb.jpg

Hi Glenn,

Mate looks like you had a top day.

MH is still firing and its almost July - how good is that!!!

Cant wait to read a report from the next FR member who lands a monster jewie in MH.

Seems to be a few dedicated souls going hard for this fishing milestone.

I have talked to quite a few people lately at the ramp and on FR and i think very soon we will see someones amazing capture.

If you believe in signs then they are all pointing towards big jewfish - at the least schoolies and lots of em.

Hope you and Mike get a biggun soon. I will probably hear your screams of joy from my place.

Last time me and a mate got a jewie at night i think the residents of Mosman wondered what the hell was going on.

Cheers

G'day,

Yesterday was one of the best days day at that spot! Great fishing.

I arrived earlier, to find that i had ran out of hooks :1badmood: so i had to use a smaller hook and my pilchard kept falling off. Glenn was very kind in giving me some hooks. It is nice blokes like Glenn that makes this website so successful and wonderful. Glenn is truly a great bloke!

When my big rod started screaming, with the butterflied tailor, i thought it was a defante Jewie. A 10kg stingray was still alright, but its just a matter of time. :1prop:

Thanks again Glenn, and hope to fish with you and your wife again soon.

Mike

Thanks for the kind comments Mike. It is a pleasure to fish someone who shares the same passion as me, and someone who is keen to hook into a MH jewie. It will happen. We know they are there. We did some something chasing the baitfish and mullet. My heart was also racing when we thought you hooked into a jewie. But that stingray was a good chase, and not easy to bring in. I guess that ray was giving you some jewie practise, before you get the real thing! We are doing to right things, wont be long hopefully before one of us is hold a great jew. looking forward to next time.

Great report Glenn! :thumbup:

You've been getting some very nice fish from that area of late, and this session was no exception. A great bag of very tasty fish for the table ... Well done!

Hodgey

Thanks Hodgey,

I was having a lean patch for a while. So I am enjoying this while it lasts :biggrin2: