Hairtail

THE SWEENEY

Hello,

Went out at 5pm last night for hairtail. Headed to Jerusalam bay, full of boats as usual.

Ended up with 2 hairtail one at 1.3m and one at 1.2m in the boat. Came home happy at 12.30am.

Laurie

Laurie,

Where abouts were you & what sort of Boat?

we were in Quintrex Cruisabout - white hull yellow deck.

Hello,

Went out at 5pm last night for hairtail. Headed to Jerusalam bay, full of boats as usual.

Ended up with 2 hairtail one at 1.3m and one at 1.2m in the boat. Came home happy at 12.30am.

Laurie

hey THE SWEENEY... good work mate.. what time would you reckon would be a good time to get to Jerusalam bay before it becomes heticly full with boats .... were you on a moring or just at anchor...

Cheeers Cox Craft :1fishing1:

hey THE SWEENEY... good work mate.. what time would you reckon would be a good time to get to Jerusalam bay before it becomes heticly full with boats .... were you on a moring or just at anchor...

Cheeers Cox Craft :1fishing1:

in answer to above questions they usually come on the chew just after dark so it is a good idea to get there before dark to find and secure a spot it can get very busy down there after dark ,there are no moorings in the bay so it is necessary to anchor ,i will be trying again next sat night as the tides are very good .laurie

I have never fished the Hawksbery.

Is Jerusalem bay deep? Or one of those really shallow bays? I was just wondereing wether my cruise carft will be OK in there or if it is really only suitable for light tinnies.

Thanks

Dan

I have never fished the Hawksbery.

Is Jerusalem bay deep? Or one of those really shallow bays? I was just wondereing wether my cruise carft will be OK in there or if it is really only suitable for light tinnies.

Thanks

Dan

Plenty deep in that bay Dan and it only gets shallow right up the back where there is a sandbar,any of the mooring buoys will be fine for your cruisy :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy