Blades For Bream

soft-on

Hey all,

I am looking at using these new blades to muster up some Bream. Has anyone used these yet? If so any sucess ?. I have heard that most guys use the dull colours for Bream is this a good idea?

post-6143-1214183715_thumb.jpg

Cheers Cam

I've got the greenback, yet to wet it though.. The TT Switchblades apprently do just as good a job without the pricetag, so I got a couple of them too...

Have a chat to GregL he mentioned them to me a while back, and has had reasonable success...

Bushy is currently trialling his version for his Stiffy Lures collection - it was on IFISH this weekend! Almost double the size of the TT & Ecogear ones & this particular one was orangey colour (a la mangrove jack ....) & was catching terrific bream ...... 4 in 4 casts!!! They should be out in the next few months, in time for Spring, I reckon! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

I have a couple of TT but haven't trialled them yet ..... repainted one already to look like a trout tho! :1prop: Not sure why ..... :wacko:

I have a couple of TT but haven't trialled them yet ..... repainted one already to look like a trout tho! :1prop: Not sure why ..... :wacko:

We fisherman are a weird bunch Roberta thats why..... :074::074::074:

I think you could have a good chance of getting connected to a trout maybe......give it a go

hi guys i bought the sunset colour and put a few red dot with perminant texta.i was talking to a guy at a shop and he told me to try it. heading to lyell this weekend to try it on trout. i will tell u how it goes.

matt

Edited by xib

Hi Matt

I also repainted mine with a chrome fingernail polish that was a soft metalic pinky/beige (if you can imagine it!) before putting red & black dots on it with permanent markers :)

Let me know how you go!!! Also get some squidgy Trout pattern sps!! They are a killer, apparantly!

Roberta

Hi Cam

I have been using blades for a while now and have worked a treat!

I have only just started to use the TT's as they have been hard to find. The Eco's I have gone threw WAY TO MANY to even want to think about!! I like the Eco's because there are 2 sizes. I usually rig a 35 on one rod and a 40 on another. This way as depth and current change along a bank I can adapt to conditions. For example down one particular marina wall I fish the depth changes from 9ft at the back of it to over 35ft on the outside edge. The outside edge also gets hammered by the current as it sits out in the channel. When I hit the 20ft edge I change up to the 40mm just so I can stay in full contact with the blade as it drops.

Fish them like a plastic with slow hop pause retrieve specially now in this cooler water we have. I have fished them on flats and down deep, they work in both. Colours I usually only buy natural's and golds. Both work well once the suns up but in the lower light the blacks are kings.

Blades aren't going to be THE ONLY bream lure to have tied on, we still do chuck plastics especially if we haven't had a bite in 10 mins. Even on my last bream day, late in the arvo the bite stopped, my fishing partner changed to a 2" Gulp worm and caught 4 fish in 4 casts. I was fishing the front with first cast but he still pulled fish when I couldn't. I swapped over to another rod with a Gulp shrimp and then started to get bit!

Be open to lure choice and change regularly if your not getting bit, don't waste time flogging one type of lure if it's not working......

Cheers

Greg

Hi Cam

I have been using blades for a while now and have worked a treat!

I have only just started to use the TT's as they have been hard to find. The Eco's I have gone threw WAY TO MANY to even want to think about!! I like the Eco's because there are 2 sizes. I usually rig a 35 on one rod and a 40 on another. This way as depth and current change along a bank I can adapt to conditions. For example down one particular marina wall I fish the depth changes from 9ft at the back of it to over 35ft on the outside edge. The outside edge also gets hammered by the current as it sits out in the channel. When I hit the 20ft edge I change up to the 40mm just so I can stay in full contact with the blade as it drops.

Fish them like a plastic with slow hop pause retrieve specially now in this cooler water we have. I have fished them on flats and down deep, they work in both. Colours I usually only buy natural's and golds. Both work well once the suns up but in the lower light the blacks are kings.

Blades aren't going to be THE ONLY bream lure to have tied on, we still do chuck plastics especially if we haven't had a bite in 10 mins. Even on my last bream day, late in the arvo the bite stopped, my fishing partner changed to a 2" Gulp worm and caught 4 fish in 4 casts. I was fishing the front with first cast but he still pulled fish when I couldn't. I swapped over to another rod with a Gulp shrimp and then started to get bit!

Be open to lure choice and change regularly if your not getting bit, don't waste time flogging one type of lure if it's not working......

Cheers

Greg

Greg, thanks mate i appreciate that small lesson, big help mate!

I have alsways followed that technique of flogging the same lure, if nothing hits in 10mins its time to change no matter how much you love that lure :074:

Cheers again Greg

Camo

Greg, thanks mate i appreciate that small lesson, big help mate!

I have alsways followed that technique of flogging the same lure, if nothing hits in 10mins its time to change no matter how much you love that lure :074:

Cheers again Greg

Camo

Great advice there guys

although it is hard to snip off and old fav :074:

don't forget vibes as well, the R2S ones in both sizes have caught me plenty of bream and seem better value for money

don't know how they can charge $16 for a blade, which is nothing more than a painted bit of metal :ranting2: should be way less than $10

cheers

kael

Cheers again Greg

Camo

Its interesting that you say that because David Green (if you read fishing world or fish in qld you will have heard of him) always says that when he fishes comps he only allows each angler to bring 3 different lures (sp's) on the boat. He thinks it is not the style or colour that catches the fish but how you work the lure. Maybe this only applies to flatties, on which he does very well and has won the classic for a number of years running.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this GregL...

Its interesting that you say that because David Green (if you read fishing world or fish in qld you will have heard of him) always says that when he fishes comps he only allows each angler to bring 3 different lures (sp's) on the boat. He thinks it is not the style or colour that catches the fish but how you work the lure. Maybe this only applies to flatties, on which he does very well and has won the classic for a number of years running.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this GregL...

I have heard of Dave Green, I even named one of my boats from one of his articals :biggrin2:

It was called "knobs in fast boats" talking about imported bream and bass boats with 200hp motors.

I had the rego "NOB'N" on a Skeeter with a Merc 200XS race motor hanging off the back :thumbup:

The look on his face as I slid up onto the Gold Coast beach right in front of him only a couple of months after the artical hit the stands was GOLD :074:

Flathead are a little different as there habitat they live in is pretty much only a few types, drop off, flats,walls and weed. Bream on the other hand live from top to bottom, next to, on top of and inside near all structure. So for breaming I think you need to cover more habitats so you will need more bases....

G