Momoi Escape Proof Ball Bearing Swivel

Dreamtime

I was looking for another option to the snap swivel

On occasions I've had the clip on snap swivels break off when changing lures. This has not happened to new ones, but when they have been used and put back in the tackle box. I am guessing that this may be caused from fatigue of some sorts. Would not like them to fail half way through a long fight.

Seen these Momoi in a catalogue

Wondering how they stay closed.

Anyone using them at present and what are your thoughts.

I was looking for another option to the snap swivel

On occasions I've had the clip on snap swivels break off when changing lures. This has not happened to new ones, but when they have been used and put back in the tackle box. I am guessing that this may be caused from fatigue of some sorts. Would not like them to fail half way through a long fight.

Seen these Momoi in a catalogue

Wondering how they stay closed.

Anyone using them at present and what are your thoughts.

Am totally surprised that you are experiancing failure to the snap at the point were you have highlighted

if you were to open and close it repeatedly i guess fatigue would have to come in to play at some point

of the stage but Jee would figure that would have to be after numbering in the hundreds of opening and closing the snap

but it's sounding like it's happening at a stage no were near this amount for you yes??????

i assume we talking good qaulity swivel of either sampo,Yo-Zuri or the like....

were they bulk ordered and you have a bad batch of sorts for it sounds quite baffling...

With regards to the escape proof swivel i feel you wont find to much better of a result

in as much as constent checking of the swivel will be required also

if you use a metal ring or armour spring on the top loop of the leader they are apt to impart a

leaverage to open slightly......the arms close with a tight tolerance but after repeated useage they

have a tendancy to become easy to open and there then lies a possible weak link...

i myself use the heavy duty Yo=Zuri ball bearing snaps with no failure to present..

Cheers Warnie...