Nice Day On The Harbour :)

daleyboy

Me n steve headed out this morning once again with the plan of heading out to the inshore reefs for some jigging. Got to the ramp at drummoyne a bit after 8am

On our way out we stopped off at our usual kingy haunt (port jackson area) and threw a few plastics at various markers for 20 mins for no luck so decided to head on out (trying a few other markers on the way for no luck either). Stopped off at watson bay wharf in the search for yakkas but again they werent to be seen. Headed out to south head, threw xmas trees out the back and headed about 4km offshore to start jigging.

Got out there to a howling wind which saw us drifting way to fast to do any serious jigging, decided to get out the sea anchor only to find out we didnt have a rope to use with it, tried pulling the entire ancor rope out of the front section only to find the d shackle was rusted shut .. so we gave up and threw the lure out the back again and headed back to nth hd

On our way back in we were lucky enough to see a couple of whales go by, couple of pics attached but there not the best as they are from the phone.

Got into Nth head and threw out a shark bait and drifted out to sea for 20 mins or so while we cooked up some snags and some snag sambos ... luv that butane bbq ;) .. nothing happening on the fishing front (apart from the massive rock fish that wouldnt move and snapped me off, hooked on a gulp) so we decide to head back in and chase some kings.

Back to our usual area and in about an hour and a half of throwin plastics around i was able to boat two kings, the first on a lumo coloured stickbait went a bit over 70cm, the second went just over 75cm & fought like a train and was caught on my dodgied up plastic (attached the two tails after a tailor chomped the original tail) shown in the pic ... Happy days Dale 2 - Kingfish 0 :yahoo:

Poor steve again got a hook up but once again the kingy was able to throw the hook on him after 30 secs or so .. he's now been dusted 5 times in a row in the last 2 pics.

All in all a top day on the harbour, we were out of the water by 2pm, hope you enjoy the pics.

post-3611-1214632055_thumb.jpg

post-3611-1214632064_thumb.jpg

post-3611-1214632075_thumb.jpg

Edited by daleyboy