How Do You Keep Warm In The Boat?

Davemmm

Fishin at night gets pretty cool at this time of night so give me you tips on keeping warm.

Feet are important to me, shoes and thick socks are vital to keeping the rest of me warm as is a good beany. Do any of you have any tips except heaps and heps of clothes?

Dave

......Feet are important to me, shoes and thick socks are vital to keeping the rest of me warm as is a good beany. Do any of you have any tips except heaps and heps of clothes?

Dave

Hey Dave They said they're over here on a working holiday and they said If we get cold in the Georges they'll loan us their clothes.

post-829-1214658051_thumb.gif

Hope this helps :beersmile:

jewgaffer :beersmile:

I have been doing a fair bit at night in the last few weeks this is what i wear.

Long sleeve Thermal top

Thermal pants (sometimes i take them along and put on later if needed)

Track pants

Long sleeve shirt

jumper

Decent spray jacket (something that the wind won't go through)

beanie

very thick pair of sock they go knee high if needed

Neck warmer (beanie material just goes on neck)

Having the set of clears fitted to the boat has been the best thing to keep me warm. Before i had these fitted it was hard to stay warm if it was windy.

I was out the other morning it was only 4deg and i was warm as toasts.

for those cold nights i use thermal longjohns,trackies and jumper,gloves,beanie and a weatherproof stockmans type overcoat jacket thing that really keeps the wind/rain at bay...

for those really cold nights i have this addidas snow rated jumper i got about 15 yrs ago but only when its brass monkey weather otherwise you sweat its that bloody warm...

one of the best things is something Roberts made for me, my "Wonderscarf" basically a fleasy type tube scarf you have around neck and can pull up over head as well... marvelous yet so simple.....

great topic as i think its gonna be coldest winter for quite a while...

always good idea to keep a spare set of socks as warm feet/head = warm body... cold feet = :frozen::frozen::frozen:

also i have a beaut thermas full of rocket fuel to keep me going.....

cheers....steve....

4 options and key areas for heat loss and feeling Cold

1 Keep the head warm with a Beanie (You loose lots of heat through your head)

2 Keep the Feet warm with loose fitting boots (Tight shoes slows circulation)

3 Keep out of the wind with either covers or long jacket( Wind Chill will make you cold or worse)

4 The final option is to cuddle up in the cabin for the night with your fishing parther (Not your Buddy but your wife etc )

My choice is #4

one of the best things is something Roberts made for me, my "Wonderscarf" basically a fleasy type tube scarf you have around neck and can pull up over head as well... marvelous yet so simple.....

The only thing I cant protect and gets cold is my neck. Is there any type of 'socks' you can get to pull over your head and wear on your neck? A scarf is impractical on the boat and gets in the way.

The only thing I cant protect and gets cold is my neck. Is there any type of 'socks' you can get to pull over your head and wear on your neck? A scarf is impractical on the boat and gets in the way.

Sure is...............

get yourself a Balaclava that will do the trick

Warnie..

PS.get one that comes with the two peep holes for your eyes and one for your mouth...

pps. But dont forget to take it off before you stop for petrol on the way home...

Edited by ungry warnie

Sure is...............

Warnie..

PS.get one that comes with the two peep holes for your eyes and one for your mouth...

pps. But dont forget to take it off before you stop for petrol on the way home...

Or when you go to the bank!

:074::074::busted_cop:

Sure is...............

Warnie..

No, neck not face..

No, neck not face..

Yes..

does your neck.....it pulls down to roughly the top off your shoulders

then you just pull your shirt whatever over it to tuck it all in...

like a bug in a rug. :thumbup:

try it you will see what i mean..

Warnie...

roylo, give roberta a pm and she may be able to look after you with one of her "wonderscarfs"

its a tube like design you slide over head and snugs around neck... you can lift it up at back to cover head but i use beanie with it.....

cheers...steve.....