Gr8 Soft Plastic Session

diver1

post-7811-1215245995_thumb.jpggday again, im on a dead set roll! went out this morning bout 7.30 in our gr8 lake macquarie ( which most of the locals think holds no fish he he he he he) and i had a ball! :beersmile::biggrin2: this is my total (and i dropped a huge flatty just b4 comen in) i swear by soft plastics!!!!!!! i had a squid bait out the whole time in a rod holder but didnt get touched! caught em all on soft plastics!!! this is the biggest whiting ive ever seen in this lake!!!

Hey Diver, that's a really good haul, I'm an SP convert as well, shame about your big flattie, I love the way they slam the plastics, I've found that also where the plastics outfish bait easily, what gear are you using , would be interesting to compare.. Congrats...

a phlueger 6 foot 6 graphite rod with a shimano sahara 1500fb egg beater with 4 pound braid and 8 pound vanish leader.

I'm similar, 7' berkley Pro Tactic, 2500 Shimano Stradic, 6lb stren glacier braid, 8lb vanish flurocarbon leader... Thanks Diver1 for the info...

Hey diver, were you fishing the lake or the channel, i fished in the lake this morning with no result. Good to seee there is flathead to be caught with these cooler water temps. Fished hexham dropover this sfternoon and the water was 11 degrees, i knew the fish would be hard to fire up and they were, caught nothing. Any info on where your pickin up the flats in the lake would be tops.