Great White In Lake Central Coast

smokinjoe

Just saw on nine news that a great white has been seen in one of the lakes. Ill have to read the story...

Apparently the commercial fisho pulled it up in his nets whilst of Canton Beach Tuggerah Lakes on wednesday, he estimated it at 7meters! Was released without harm. Emergency services are monitoring the situation

I was at the Entrance on the weekend and the impression that I got was that the lake couldn't really support a shark of that Size. It would be interesting considering the entrance to the lake is narrow and shallow at times, even cut off from the ocean.

Well i read the local paper the central coast Express Advocate about this and they said the guy who cut the shark loose was a 20year veteran of the lake and the police are taking his word seriously,So you'll have to make up your own minds about this i suppose.

In fairness to the pro.......he has not sought any publicity. and it sounds like he has shunned

attempts of interveiws by the media i can't see any reason to doubt what he has said...

Warnie...

An old pro pull a 7 metre Great White up out of the lake in his net on

his own, then cut it free. I'd like to see that :1yikes:

That thing would weigh more than a car.

penguin

Edited by penguin

An old pro pull a 7 metre Great White up out of the lake in his net on

his own, then cut it free. I'd like to see that :1yikes:

That thing would weigh more than a car.

penguin

Geeeeze Penguin, the story was going fine until you brought some reality to it! :tease:

Was released without harm - F##k - imagine what a 7 metre Great White would do to your net - and to subdue it and release it with no harm??????

I would like to see that!!! :1yikes:

Good on ya Penguin - I was waiting for someone with some sense of reasoning to reply to this thread. :thumbup:

My guess is that the "Old Pro" had 1 too many Sweet Sherries :beersmile: , or had some other kind of Pro on board, and needed a good excuse for the missus for his late arrival back home. :wank:

Anyway, good while it lasted. :biggrin2: