Nice Bream

soft-on

Hey Guys,

Another lonely Bream to add to the "dark hours" collection. This was that kind of fight which everything happened within split seconds. Line was a bit loose upon retreive then smack! A good 5 min fight she was grounded.

post-6143-1215654375_thumb.jpg

Nice bream again Soft!

Apart from the good old 6"sand worms the only other lure we found that worked well at night is the R2S baby vibs.

They have a nice slow sink compared to blades but still a half decent casting distance compared to plastics.

Wack on so Megastike or S factor type scent on the lure for a bit extra confidence and I recon the rattle plays a part to.(side note, When fishing the baby vibes check the rattle in them when choosing a lure out of your box, there are ones that rattle and ones that don't!)

Most fish come on the drop or dead sticked on the bottom.

Well done again mate, your surely cracking the night time code!

Have you noticed any size average difference compared to daylight and night?

Cheers

Greg

Another great 'night' breambo, Cam.

What lure did the damage this time?

Hodgey

Nice bream again Soft!

Apart from the good old 6"sand worms the only other lure we found that worked well at night is the R2S baby vibs.

They have a nice slow sink compared to blades but still a half decent casting distance compared to plastics.

Wack on so Megastike or S factor type scent on the lure for a bit extra confidence and I recon the rattle plays a part to.(side note, When fishing the baby vibes check the rattle in them when choosing a lure out of your box, there are ones that rattle and ones that don't!)

Most fish come on the drop or dead sticked on the bottom.

Well done again mate, your surely cracking the night time code!

Have you noticed any size average difference compared to daylight and night?

Cheers

Greg

Hodgey, it was a crab fly that i tied up the other afternoon. I used a little resin to get the weight just perfect so that it had a slow sink but could be worked on the bottom aswell. The fly is actualy in its gob in the photo.

Also Greg i have noticed that the Bream at night dont get that small, all around the 800g-1kg mark.

Thanks for the tips too i will try the scent i havnt really paid too much attention to it.

Camo

Nice fish, Cam - 'specially on fly! :1yikes: That would have been difficult to cast if you were getting the winds that we have had over the last few days!

Well done!

Roberta

I actually cast that fly with a threadline outfit!!

Hi Soft-On,

Great effort for down here at the moment. Often thought about using a heavy fly on threadline gear but never did. Have used a fly under a bubble float for trout and that works OK. Obviously it works well. Good to see someone trying something different and getting results.

Was that another one in the secret spot? If so, good to see you are still going there.

All the best

Howard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...