My New Tinny

aussie big bob

Hi there raiders

It has been some time since i have posted and this is mainly due to work commitments.

I thought i would just let everyone know that my new tinny has arrived :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

And with work slowing down :yahoo::yahoo: i hope to be out there again soon.

Cheers

Bob

She not much but will do to the next upgrade ( come on lotto )

post-2934-1215904146_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1215904167_thumb.jpg

Congrats Bob. Niiiiice boat! :thumbup: Hope she brings you many sizable fish!

If you don't mind me asking, what led you to buying aluminium over fibreglass (if fibreglass was an option)? I would imagine with a nice boat like that you would be doing more than estuary fishing. I have a 4.5m tinny and am currently debating whether my next boat, which will be about the size of yours, will be fibreglass.

Cheers,

Cam

Nice boat Bob, we were tempted by the bar crusher but were restricted by mum who said the boat had to fit in the garage.

Is that the new model they've recently brought out?

Congrats Bob. Niiiiice boat! :thumbup: Hope she brings you many sizable fish!

If you don't mind me asking, what led you to buying aluminium over fibreglass (if fibreglass was an option)? I would imagine with a nice boat like that you would be doing more than estuary fishing. I have a 4.5m tinny and am currently debating whether my next boat, which will be about the size of yours, will be fibreglass.

Cheers,

Cam

Cam

The reason's i went to aluminum is they only make the crusher in alloy.

2 This material suit's my way of life (low maintenance).

3 A little lighter to tow as a boat of the same size in glass would have also meant a car upgrade which was not in the budget.

4 I do believe that the chances of winning the lotto. Is slim or next to nothing,

so the berty on a mooring in a marina is properly out of the question. So all I should have to do with this one is a new donk every now and then and I will always have a good safe reliable boat at 1/3 its total replacement cost.

Summary:

Glass is a lot more maintenance and as I have had glass boats before I know first hand how a small chip in the bottom of the boat that goes unrecognized for a period of time can cost big dollars to repair and when repaired leaves you a bit less confident in the boat

Cheers

Bob

Cam

The reason's i went to aluminum is they only make the crusher in alloy.

2 This material suit's my way of life (low maintenance).

3 A little lighter to tow as a boat of the same size in glass would have also meant a car upgrade which was not in the budget.

4 I do believe that the chances of winning the lotto. Is slim or next to nothing,

so the berty on a mooring in a marina is properly out of the question. So all I should have to do with this one is a new donk every now and then and I will always have a good safe reliable boat at 1/3 its total replacement cost.

Summary:

Glass is a lot more maintenance and as I have had glass boats before I know first hand how a small chip in the bottom of the boat that goes unrecognized for a period of time can cost big dollars to repair and when repaired leaves you a bit less confident in the boat

Cheers

Bob

Thanks Bob. Hearing different opinions/facts from different people including yours is valuble. I'm a maintenance free type of guy so can appreciate where your coming from! The more "spare time" you have at your disposal, the more you can :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Cam

• 2 weeks later...