Bare Island Squid

Guest Ben75

Guest Ben75

Gday Raiders :biggrin2:

Finished work early saturday so hit Laperouse for a squid session got down there around 2pm to fish the run up to high 4pm. didnt get a touch till after high tide just as the sun was going down I got a big hit :thumbup:

once i started winding the jig in I could feel it was a good one. Lucky i had my net with me as you wouldnt want to try to lift the larger ones up the bridge only to let it drop

Bare Island Laperouse

BareIsland.jpg

squid2.jpg

squid1.jpg

Cheers Ben

Edited by Ben75

Guest Ben75

Gday Kingies till i die

Cheers Mate . Yumo is what i thought when i caught it . But I am keen to stock up for when the kingies fire up as I only caught my first two last October and am keen to target them when more show up . I vacuum seal the squid and it seems to keep them fresh for longer :thumbup: Still calimari and chips would of been nice

Cheers Ben

Gday Wiggy

Hope so Mate . I am keen to target them when the weather warms up . I will have to get out to Manly and a have a squid session withyou soon .

Cheers Ben

Well done big fella your fishing well!

NZ is good might be back in October for a break but won't be before a while till i'm back for good!

Thats one of my fav big sea blackie haunts your at there!

Take care i'm offto deplete the trout stocks in the Ruamahanga!

Cheers

Royce! :beersmile:

Guest Ben75

Gday Crazy John

Cheers Mate . I was excited when it hit the jig as it felt like a good size one only took a few hours to finally get one but it was worth the wait :biggrin2:

Gday Kiwi Dan

Cheers Mate and I agree bring on the kings cant wait :thumbup:

Gday jenno64

Mate hope to get into a few more squidies as I am keen to get a few in the freezer . I have been busy with work as its going nuts everyone seems to want there house painted when all I want to do is go out for a fish. I am keen to have a session for some blackies just cant find any weed :thumbdown: If I get some we will have to have a session from our yaks

Gday Mondo

Cheers Mate I was so happy to catch a big one that session as I will be able to get some good bait of that one .

Gday crazedfisherdude

Bare Island is a top spot a little bit hit and miss some times i get a few and then every couple of trips the big 0 it can get a little crazy when the bridge is full as some fisho's there dont care and will cast over the top of your line .Best to go when the conditions are crapy cold and windy and have the bridge to yourself :thumbup:

Gday Scon

I caught it on the Daiwa jigs with the built in rattle thats all I use now love them it was the one with pink at the top and a white pearl bottom half (colour name pink) size was 2.5 I have been told that the rattle replicates the clicking which prawns aparantly make :wacko: I am going with that :biggrin2:

imagemagicphp.jpg

BigBalls.jpg

Gday WillN

The right side of the bridge is were I mainly fish as there is more kelp on that side compared to the left of the bridge . I was there the other day and there was a good size one cruising by on the left side but wouldnt touch the jig :(

Gday LA

Mate long time since I have had a chat with you. I am still kicking my self for not having a session of the stones with you for the Blackies . Maybe when you come back to Oz will have to get out . Hope your Dad has been getting into them

Gday slinkymalinky

I am only just starting to stock up on bait so he had to be vacummed . I was at work today craving fresh calimari maybe the next big one will end up on the plate

Gday mdhz

I bet it was cold . Did you go with your mate ? if so did he get any . Looking forward to catching up for a session .

Cheers Ben

Guest Ben75

Gday reLapse

I get my daiwa jigs from a tackle shop on stoney creek road but I think most good tackle shops should stock them . When they first came out they were selling around $20.00 but now you can find them for around $15.00

Cheers Ben