Epix Problems

tyrone07

my brand new epix seems to be stuffed like my last eb 80. Last time i went to use it a it wouldnt wind it had a bent shaft some how i got it fixed but they said the baitrunner was stuffed and the reel was brand new now the same has happened to my efs 20 it doesnt wind properly like the eb 80. Im pretty unhappy cos they were both brand new. Im taking my efs 20 apart to have a look will this void my warranty though. Im not happy has any1 else had this happen i know im not buying okuma any more :ranting2:

Hiya, not sure if you are talking about the baitrunner or the straight spinning reel. ANyway, I've had the 20 sized straight spinning reel for some time with no probs at all. However about a year ago it also got "stuck" and refused to wind. In the end it was simply the gear grease which had sort of glugged up. A quick clean, some new grease and wooshka, back working a treat. Some dislike Okuma, but I think they are very good value for the money. Cheers Bombie

I had my EFS-20 sent back because the anti-reverse was playing up. It came back good as new in two days and they told me if I ever wanted any of my Okumas (2 epix and 2 avengers) serviced they would do it free of charge.