Help For A Holiday

catch this

Hi raiders

Realise this is probably in the wrong place, had a look around though and couldn't find a forum labelled "dummies questions" so posted here.

Me and my missus are going away in October. We're looking at something within 4/5 hours drive from Sydney, north or south. I need somewhere with boathire, safe access to deep water (in a tinnie) and a chance of some decent fish - not looking for secret spots or anything.

The deep water thing has to do with my love of Snapper, but any other fun spots should be recommended.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There is deep water access at both the locations mentioned, however, I note that you are looking for boat hire, and as such there are strict plying limits on hire boats. In other words you can not take them into open waters, ie , past the heads etc so you may want to rethink your destinations. There are plenty of spots all the way up & down the coast where there is extremely good estuary fishing for bream, flatties. estuary perch etc without the need (or risk) of going into "deep waters" as such.

Just my two bobs worth.

Tuffy

There is deep water access at both the locations mentioned, however, I note that you are looking for boat hire, and as such there are strict plying limits on hire boats. In other words you can not take them into open waters, ie , past the heads etc so you may want to rethink your destinations. There are plenty of spots all the way up & down the coast where there is extremely good estuary fishing for bream, flatties. estuary perch etc without the need (or risk) of going into "deep waters" as such.

Just my two bobs worth.

Tuffy

Good point, I think I might re-think a little bit :1fishing1:

I might look at a mix of boat hire and some land based stuff, thanks for the advice.

hi catch this

instead of hireing a boat try a fishing charter they will get you to deep water

were the snapper are. most day trips dont cost that much ether.

try sussex inlet there is boat hire there where you can access st georges basin,plenty of accomodation from caravans to apartments or motels. 2hrs 45 mins from sydney.

NAROOMA is the place you are looking for. It is a 4 to 5 hour drive from Sydney you have Wagonga inlet(Narooma),Tuross(Tuross Lake), Dalmeny(Dalmeny lake), South Narooma(Corunna lake), Batemans bay(clyde River), merimbula, bermigui all within and hour or so of Narooma and all are sensational fishing and most have boat hire.

There are plenty of different options on the Narroma site for all kinds of fishing anfd accomodation

but i wouldn't say the deep water access is safe. narooma has one of if not the worst bars in NSW at times.

there are however 6 or so options in Narooma for deep sea charters and you could take the misses over to montague island she will love it

check out www.narooma.com.au

Edited by hoges1974

NAROOMA!!!

Its about 350km south of sydney

the bluest water you'll ever see

and some of the best fishing, land-based or boating, that you'll get

There is boat hire there where i can tell you, and in the inlet, in parts is very deep water

A really good place to get your own live bait; theres' a huge sandbank which can be pumped for yabbies at low tide, there are heaps of poddy mullet and the water is the clearest you'll probably see!

My personal experience..

couple of years back in 2005 i went with my family

i was only 13 then but i went fishing by myself on a wharf right where the boathire place is

using a handline and bread i caught a 34cm bream (man it was fat) and a decent flathead around 45cm dropped off my line as i was bringing it in

on that same night i hooked my finger with a big red mustad hook and had to go to a hospital 40km away and wait till 1 in the morning to get it off :05:

I also went this summer that just passed; i went on my mates boat into the inlet; plenty of flathead and bream, and a lot of legal, but still small snapper. I heard there are also a lot of tailor and jews in the lake.

If you want more info about narooma just pm me and ill be happy to talk to you about it more

:1fishing1: Take it easy,

Alex

Edited by sherackattack