Daiwa Team Advantage Or Shimano Stradic?

frangkie

Advantage with matching rod would be nice.

I've been surfing some american fishing tackle sites and found a new stradic, i think it was the stradic MgFI which was about $100 more expensive than the other model and $80-90 more expensive than the advantage, this was the american price though. Not to sure about it really, they're 2 of many reels i've been tossing up between for a while.

Josh

Either is a great reel. Get the one you personally like the most for any reason... price, pretty colour, anything. You won't be disappointed with either. You'll get only as many different opinions on Daiwa vs Shimano as you get replies :074:. Lovers and haters of both will be easy to find. For what it's worth I own 5 Stradics (1000, 2x2500, 4000, 5000) which lets you know my thoughts on them but I'd just as happily own Daiwas.

Cheers, Slinky

I haven't tried the Stradic but I do own a TDA 3500 that I fish 15lb and 20lb (spare spool) braid with. Very nice reel with drag rated to 8kg.

Have just ordered a TDA 2500 from the states for one of my lighter outfits (8lb braid). The 2500 has 7kg of drag.

Very happy Daiwa Advantage owner but I don't think you'd go wrong with either reel.

Good luck with the purchase.

Marty

i use an advantage and its smooth as. i just got a matching 3 piece advantage rod too and it feels awesome!

as for the shimano vs daiwa debate...comes down to personal choice. personally i think that the stradic sits between the tierra and advantage, but then again, you would not be able to pick the difference when using it as they're both great reels.

Either is a great reel. Get the one you personally like the most for any reason... price, pretty colour, anything. You won't be disappointed with either. You'll get only as many different opinions on Daiwa vs Shimano as you get replies :074:. Lovers and haters of both will be easy to find. For what it's worth I own 5 Stradics (1000, 2x2500, 4000, 5000) which lets you know my thoughts on them but I'd just as happily own Daiwas.

Cheers, Slinky

Slinky is 100% correct in what he says. Both are great reels & you should get whichever you like for whatever the reason. I own Shimano including a Stradic 2500, Diawa Advantage 2000 & Sol 3000, Penn & Okuma reels & have not been let don by any of them. If you listen to every one here you will come to the same conclusion as may others..... it really comes down to personal choice..... Holden or Ford.... Shimano or Diawa

Paul

I am trying to choose a reel in a 3500 or 4000 size.

what's your opinion? Team advantage or Stradic?

Alex There will always be opinions about the performance of reels with high price tags, have a look at the Penn Captiva 4000 for value. A particular group of friends up north who use 5500ss Penn graphites have gone over to 4000 Captivas and bought more on special. I don't own one but I've used one up there myself and I know you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Just beent through this process myself..... and ordered one of each :)

Willn...... I have been looking everywhere for a 3 piece advantage rod.

When did you pick that up?

alex

i use an advantage and its smooth as. i just got a matching 3 piece advantage rod too and it feels awesome!

as for the shimano vs daiwa debate...comes down to personal choice. personally i think that the stradic sits between the tierra and advantage, but then again, you would not be able to pick the difference when using it as they're both great reels.

Just beent through this process myself..... and ordered one of each :)

Willn...... I have been looking everywhere for a 3 piece advantage rod.

When did you pick that up?

alex

Hi alex,

I believe GoFish carries them, they're a site sponsor. they just came out so they need to be ordered in, but i'm sure that can be arranged.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Mate, I own 2 stradic 2500's , great reels no problems I use them mainly for flatties (SP spinning) however I am about to purchase a Daiwa Sol have heard they are good as well.

I think they are all good and its all down to how you look after them.. Cheers...

• 2 months later...

i wondered for ages on the exact problem.

Went with the stradic because the bloke who sold it to me was a shimano man

and i couldnt decide myself, the other guy in the shop was trying to push the advantage

like everyone has said, it's all personal preference and finding a match with the rod

you want to use

for whats its worth i ve loved the stradic (but probably would have loved the advantage

just as much)

be sure to tell us which you went with btw

Hey mate

I just gave my new stradic 3000FI a serious workout on some big salmon and must say i was very happy with how it performed. Out of the box i was dissapointed with its feel (too much freeplay and felt very rough) however after some 6 hours of solid casting and retreiving heavy (15g) lures it now feels solid and smooth :thumbup:

i think i paid $140 for it from the US but it will be more expensive now

saying that i also own a luvias and a presso and love these as well

IMO the shimanos a built a bit tougher and stand up to salt a lot better

Hi Frangkie,

I Have just got a 2500 Advantage and own a 4000 twin power. They are pretty evenly matched and believe that the advantage might just have it over the twin power. It is silky smooth and just feels so nice casting little plastics or metal slices.

Good luck in your decision

Nathan