Jews In Lcr

Jamiel1000

During summer/autumm when the mullet congregate up near the weir it's a good spot for jewies and they and i'm sure you'll be able to get them on large plastics. If you are fishing bait be prepared to loose a few hooks as noahs are a pest.

which areas

I been told under the FT bridge but it's not real deep.

I kayak up and down there a fair bit with my fish finder on and there are some deep spots along the river.

what type of area should I look for.

Narrow and deep, steep drop offs.

any tips?

Jamie

Hi Yes Dear

I have caught a couple up there on plastics.

Find the bait schools and they should be your first places to try.

Mine have come from drop off's under moored boats on the main river channel edge.

Have a look at the end of the sand bar on the east side of FTB near the half cab that sits on a mooring by it self. There is a nice drop off in a few metres of water that seems to have some bait around most days. This isn't where I hooked my fish but there has to be jews patrolling the area from time to time.

Try the outer boats of tamborine and woodford bays too, especially the ones on the points. There are some nice eddies that form on the points when the currents running hard and there are always chopper schools in these spots.

At night, fish the bridge, I have had a few nice bumps throwing big plastics around the edge of the light and on the leading edge of the deep pylon second from the southern side.

Good luck in your quest!

Greg