Sat Night Squiding

miller

hi all

took the father n law out squiding on sat night in the harbour chasing some summer

kingy baits.Arrived at the ramp at 6.00pm and launched got to my usaul

squiding spot and on the father n laws first drop and he is on :thumbup:

for the next 3 hours it was on and off as we would hit a school get a couple then

try and fid them again.in the 3 hours we managed 28 squid caint wait till summer

when there really come on the chew

post-2224-1218336693_thumb.jpg

cheers

miller

Nice work,

I think I said g'day to you. Is that your boat with the "where's the sticker" sticker. I managed to jag a few squid later on myself in "Paul of the Wild".

Cheers

Edited by humesy

yeah humesy that was me we didnt get any after you left it went quiet so we headed off

josh88 they were all arrows.In summer i always get them in good numbers in the harbour at night

cheers

miller

Well done Miller - you should get a vacuum machine & vacuum pack somne of them in pairs - they will be as good as 'alive' when you use them!! :) :) (after cooking a few up!) Are arrows as good to eat as the fatter ones?

Cheerio

Roberta

Miller thats shocking!!! what about the bag limit???

The captain of Shocking Asia is not impressed either.

it was to cold to get to my limit the father n law wanted to go home so i pulled the pin

the captain dont call no more so i must have offended him by out fishing him every time we head out lol

roberta

i pack them in zip lock bags straight out of the water and they keep perfect

i didnt eat any this time but they still taste as good as green eye squid when i do eat them

cheers

miller

Edited by miller

Hey guys,

Just wondering where to go for best squiding spots. They they more in estuary or more in the open waters. I have heard that they lay around near kelp and seagrasses. I am armed with a Yo Zuri pink prawn, just havent yet made the effort to go out hunting for them.

Any tips?

it was to cold to get to my limit the father n law wanted to go home so i pulled the pin

the captain dont call no more so i must have offended him by out fishing him every time we head out lol

The Captain is always watching you two. Miller and Metho-man.

Apparently he doesnt like either of you, Word on the streets is, neither of you pull your weight on the boat, and the captain is sick of doing all the work! :1prop:

He also hasnt been out since your last trip together. its too hard finding a decent crew..

Over..

By the way Nice Cephs, I'll drop round this arvo and pick up a couple for dinner. :thumbup:

Edited by chewsta

Hey guys,

Just wondering where to go for best squiding spots. They they more in estuary or more in the open waters. I have heard that they lay around near kelp and seagrasses. I am armed with a Yo Zuri pink prawn, just havent yet made the effort to go out hunting for them.

Any tips?

yep your right i do alot of squidding around north harbour and they are along every shoreline with a little weed or kelp some days it will take time to get them but you will, also head out and buy different coloured jigs and sizes. brown and green/gold do well for me good luck.

Miller thats shocking!!! what about the bag limit???

The captain of Shocking Asia is not impressed either.

Invertebrate Bag Limits

Species*******************Size Limits or Legal Length**************Bag Limit

Squid and cuttlefish******************----NIL---********************20 in total*

* a bag limit comprised of any single species or a combination of listed grouped species.

Its called a SENSE OF HUMOR... get one!!!

For Mariner's benefit I think that Methodman was suggesting in his post that more squid should have been caught, not less. Pretty easy mistake to make though - I would have thought Methodman could be a bit more gracious about the misunderstanding.

I misunderstood Methodmans post after reading it the 1st time to. But then

I realised no bag limits were exceeded, so he was just poking fun.

one of these :1prop: or a couple of these :074::074: would have stopped

any confusion :biggrin2:

Its all good.

penguin

i thought mariner 31 was a marine officer or something and was gonna fine miller

:thumbup:

Now that's a sense of humour :074::074:

N.B. No one implied anything, simple sums equate to two fihermen X 20 squid = ?????

Sorry for being informative :wacko: