Gps Maps

SEAFEARER

Guys,

I just thought i'd mention something that has happened to me recently and to see if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them.Some sneaky low life has stolen my chip out of my navman depthsounder/gps unit.Went fishing last week , put my sounder on and could't get a gps fix.When i pulled the plug out of the side to my disgust my chip wasn't there.Some c l o w n has stolen it on my last trip at the wharf while i went to get the trailer,it had to happen at the wharf because i went straight home and put the boat in a lock-up garage,and it didnt move till last week.Just wondering has this happened to anybody else?

Dave

Edited by Spooled Again

Did you interrogate the :wife: ?

Maybe you've been spending too much time fishing and not enough time :1pash:

:tease:

I did ask her Mariner, with toungue in cheek remark and it got the response i thought i'd get.She likes to eat the fish i bring home anyway.It's just disappointing that there are these people out there who believe they dont have to work for anything,especially when you can steal it.

dandas you will find most if not all GPS units store the input data of marks/waypoints etc on the head unit..not the map card...

spooled again,thats a timely reminder for all of us to keep a vigilant eye on our gear as theres always someone game enough out there to sample our hard earned toys :ranting2: ....

at least you still have the head unit with all your fav marks etc...

its something i worry about at times when solo late at night as you see the groups of guys milling around being anoying and its unfortunately gotten alot worse over the last 10 - 15yrs...

i used to fish as a kid on various sydney wharves overnight sometimes solo but these days even as an adult it would worry me at some spots..

as for lost gear at the ramp,i lost a d shackle from my safety chain once (not the biggest thing to lose) but dangerous if you cannot secure boat correctly so now leave it on bow..

have seen guys lose all sorts of gear from trailers etc....

maybe we need some councils to fit cameras at known trouble spots to help with vandalism and theft,prob not likely of importance to local councils though....

cheers...steve.......

dandas you will find most if not all GPS units store the input data of marks/waypoints etc on the head unit..not the map card...

spooled again,thats a timely reminder for all of us to keep a vigilant eye on our gear as theres always someone game enough out there to sample our hard earned toys :ranting2: ....

at least you still have the head unit with all your fav marks etc...

its something i worry about at times when solo late at night as you see the groups of guys milling around being anoying and its unfortunately gotten alot worse over the last 10 - 15yrs...

i used to fish as a kid on various sydney wharves overnight sometimes solo but these days even as an adult it would worry me at some spots..

as for lost gear at the ramp,i lost a d shackle from my safety chain once (not the biggest thing to lose) but dangerous if you cannot secure boat correctly so now leave it on bow..

have seen guys lose all sorts of gear from trailers etc....

maybe we need some councils to fit cameras at known trouble spots to help with vandalism and theft,prob not likely of importance to local councils though....

cheers...steve.......

steve,

Yeah your right i still have all my marks stored in the unit,it was when i entered one of my wayward points i couldn't understand why i couldn't get a gps fix, then i pulled the side plug out ,that's when they would've heard me bellow in Cairns.

Dave

BLOODY SCABS :ranting2:

IF I CATCH ONE OF THOSE BASTARDS DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO MY BOAT ILL USE HIM FOR BURLEY :ranting2:

I HATE SCABS

WE SPEND OUR HARD EARNED MONEY, AND I MEAN HARD EARNED MONEY, AND SCABS GET IT ALL FOR FREE.........

Edited by STUCATZ