Blackfish Session Sat

roosterman

hi guys,

im going to fish from sunrise to late in the day for blackfish on sat..

theres been a few guys wanting to learn or just have company fishing so if thats the case heres your chance..

i have the weed and burly so all you need is rod and float..

if your new to blacky fishing all the better as its great to see the big smiles when all comes together and a new species pb is added :biggrin2: ...

you will need good sturdy shoes as it will more than likely be fishing the wall at taronga zoo but we may change if conditions dictate this,but as of now its best bet with predicted winds etc....

im at work atm so best reply here or email ph# to roosterman4ever@hotmail.com if my raider box is full...

gotta go but will update/check this tonight before the chookies woop some bunny ass..

cheers...steve.....

Great idea, Steve! There could be a crowd turn up! :)

Should be a terrific day out!!

Anyone wanting the thumbs up on blackfishing should try & get together with Steve!

You couldn't have a better teacher! Just hope the fish read the script :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Steve, was nice to meet you the other night at the rockfishing night and thanks again for the offer if I need any help with what we were talking about over at fishfinder.

I was wondering, and this question also goes out to Roberta too, what kind of gear I would need to get started in blackfish?

I've always seen people doing it but at the time I was never really interested but after reading many reports on here about and my want to not limit my fishing to just boat based it has really spiked my interest.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Steve, was nice to meet you the other night at the rockfishing night and thanks again for the offer if I need any help with what we were talking about over at fishfinder.

I was wondering, and this question also goes out to Roberta too, what kind of gear I would need to get started in blackfish?

I've always seen people doing it but at the time I was never really interested but after reading many reports on here about and my want to not limit my fishing to just boat based it has really spiked my interest.

Cheers, Paul

Paul

Find a comfy chair, click on this link, and all your questions will hopefully be answered! :biggrin2:

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=23679

Cheers

Hodgey

Cheers, Paul

no worries , anytime i can help let me know paul... thats what its all about mate... having fun and helping someone else get a better experiance outa this great sport/passion.....

planning to be down taronga at 7am at the latest, pm sent dave...

hopefully we can get you and your mate onto a few bronzed bruisers....

hi Roberta, thanks for the big rap.... looks like they have come back on up there too eh...

i will more than likely have plenty left over so i may give you a buzz tomorrow if you want some weed....

theres heaps now in parra river which is much nicer than the nth beaches stuff...

anyway gotta go footy is starting....

cheers....steve.....

Terrific, Steve!! Have a great day. Wish I was there too! The only better thing than catching blackies is to show someone else how to catch them & they do, on their first lesson!! :) :) :)

I treated myself to a brand new Jarvis Walker Black Queen rod today for my yak blackie fishing - only $25! :1yikes: It has much bigger runners on it than my old 40 year old one with tiny agate runners, so the stopper knot shouldn't 'stick' anymore - also about 50cm longer too! Hope to test it out on the yak soon!

Cheerio

Roberta

Good luck, one & all!!! Look forward to reading the reports!

Edited by Roberta

Hi Steve,

Saw the messgae too late, but any time you feel like going for a blackfish and don;t feel like going solo, definitely let me know! keen as all hell to land my first blackie... and learn from an experienced blackie fisherman... I think I'm doing the right thing, have read up on it as much as possible, and have tried various techniques... watching a master of his craft at it, could make all the difference! :biggrin2:

Was fishing the rocks of maroubra a few weeks back, no blackies showed...

went back the following week, and right when i'd given up on them, my mate landed his first ever blackie, and an absolute bruiser at 40cm! ... wait for it... on cunje intended for a pig on a 1/0 hook!!!