Absolutely Spewin!

nemo1203

I am 25 years old and have been fishing since i was 5 years old. I would do anything to drop a line in BUT a couple of weeks ago, i chopped 2 fingers off due to my lawnmower :( . What can i say, i would do anything to have a fish. My lovely GIRLFRIEND lets me GO once a week and i havent had a chance now for 2 weeks. The doctors say i will be in this cast for another 2 weeks- NOT HAPPY AT ALL. To tell the truth, loosing the fingers doesnt bother me, but not getting too do the thing i love the most breaks my heart. Its been 2 long weekends, and all i can do is watch DVD'S on fishing and wish i was out there flickin lures.

TIGHT LINES ALL RAIDERS

OMG!! :1yikes: Sorry to hear that WMD!! It is amazing how people learn to adapt after an injury such as yours - you''ll be fine once you are out & about! The new 'tips' of your fingers will be a bit sensitive for some years to come tho, I fear!

BTW .... which fingers were they, & how much did you lose?

Roberta

OMG!! :1yikes: Sorry to hear that WMD!! It is amazing how people learn to adapt after an injury such as yours - you''ll be fine once you are out & about! The new 'tips' of your fingers will be a bit sensitive for some years to come tho, I fear!

BTW .... which fingers were they, & how much did you lose?

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

i lost my pinky and ring finger both of them about half way up. The hard thing is -its my left hand, and im left handed! Everything is hard to do. But im not going to let this stop me now, thank god for this bad weather im not loosing out on my fishin hehe. Thank u all so very much for your support i guess ill just kick back now and play the waitting game. :1fishing1:

bugger bugger bugger!! Such a shame it is your left hand, being left handed! :1badmood:

My stepbrother did major damage to the same fingers when using a metal lathe & a bit of the swaige (not sure of the spelling) peeled off & pulled his hand into the lathe. He was very fortunate that there was a conference in Sydney at the time, with the best surgeons in Australia attending & they managed to reattach everything (they were not totally separated) & with a lot of hard work & physio, regained about 90% use. Initially, they thought they would have to be amputated or only get about 20% use back. The surgeon had documented the whole operation (before & after shots) & then used him in lectures as an example of what hard work & dedication can do to assist rehabilitation in the face of a major accident.

You will work it out to the best of your ability - at least you can still eat & write with what is left, eh? And you can still type! :) Once you get the cast off, you'll be sweet!

I guess you'll be hiring someone to do your lawns from now on?? :wacko:

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Gees mate, that would have hurt, and not being able to go for a fish would hurt more.

But as you know the weather is crap for a while, well all be out there soon :thumbup:

Hey, atleast you didnt loose the pointing finger so you can post a photo of your self pointing at the 1.5m kingie you are going to catch this summer :1prop:

Get well soon