Boat Broken Into

chewsta

Hey guys,

Well as the title says, I had my boat broken into last night or early this morning sometime.

Luckily though, I dont keep anything of any value such as sounders, Gps etc in there when stored.

They did make quite a mess though looking for anything of value.

I have not yet had a proper look to see what the damage was though as i had to return back to work.

I remember a few threads on here of similar situations and remember some of you talking about a sensor alarm that can be set up in the boat and triggered when anyone enters and breaks the sensor beam.

So if any of you guys out there know any thing about these gadgets, Or any other ideas that may help out,

all info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys

Allen

Sorry to hear your bad news mate, just hate hearing stories like yours , makes you just mad, all your own hard earned being pilfered, can't help you with any deterants, hope you get sorted. Sorry mate.. Cheers

Edited by Ray R

Hey guys,

Well as the title says, I had my boat broken into last night or early this morning sometime.

Luckily though, I dont keep anything of any value such as sounders, Gps etc in there when stored.

They did make quite a mess though looking for anything of value.

I have not yet had a proper look to see what the damage was though as i had to return back to work.

I remember a few threads on here of similar situations and remember some of you talking about a sensor alarm that can be set up in the boat and triggered when anyone enters and breaks the sensor beam.

So if any of you guys out there know any thing about these gadgets, Or any other ideas that may help out,

all info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys

Allen

Hi Allen.

Sorry to hear that mate,where never lucky enough to catch the barstards in the act.

I fitted a motion sensor to mine ,works well. cheap as I picked up on ebay.

cheers Rick.

So to hear about your misfortune :mad3: . Unfortunately there are some real scum bags out there :thumbdown: . You got me thinking about the alarm idea, so I had a quick look on the Jaycar website...

Perhaps try one of these...

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...mp;SUBCATID=421

plus one of these...

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...mp;SUBCATID=496

and

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...=&SUBCATID=

Otherwise, maybe one of these..

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...mp;SUBCATID=640

Go into a store and have a chat to one of the helpful nerds. I reckon you could put together a pretty handy little kit for around the $100 mark.

Good luck :thumbup:

Geoff.

Gday Allan,

These ass holes should be shot. :1badmood:

Did you have a cover on the boat? If so did they cut it to get in or lifted it?

I ask because I just got a custom cover for mine (big $) and if they are that desprate that they have to do something like that I hope the just unzip it and cut it to shreds as I would be very pissed of if the do.

And also to the other guys that responded, A bike allarm sounds good, do these allarms consume alot of power? Dont want a flat battery when I go to use the bloody thing.

Cheers

BLOOD SUCKERS! SCUMS! We should use them as boat anchors.

If u have an aluminium boat u can hook up a car alam without the siren but instead connect a device called JACOB'S LADDER HIGH VOLTAGE DISPLAY KIT MK2 (available at JAYCAR) that will automatically turn with the alarm. This system will emit high ignition like electricity (same as car ignition) that will jump from metal to a skin say 3 inches away and all youll hear is OOUUUCCCHHH!!! At least u wont disturb the neighbours with an alarm siren that no one will take notice anyway. Just a suggestion anyway.

Goodluck

Hi Guys,

Thankyou all for the replies PM's and information posted.

they have been a great help.

G.T. thanks for the links mate, Jaycar definitely looks like they'll have something of use.

I think they are the way to go.. thanks again.

Stucatz Yes mate I had full storm covers and clears etc on the boat, they accessed the side of the boat on the trailer by unclipping the covers and luckily not by cutting through them. they had their work cut out for them climbing up and in so hopefully they fell out and hurt themselves on the way out.

The electrified boat is pretty funny though, but I can just see the missuses look on her face when she finds me unconscious on the driveway one morning because ive forgotten about the boat being wired up to shock.

Thanks again everyone.

I know i cant fully guarantee protection from this kind of thing but any deterrent big or small helps.

Cheers

Allen

The electrified boat is pretty funny though, but I can just see the missuses look on her face when she finds me unconscious on the driveway one morning because ive forgotten about the boat being wired up to shock.

:074::074::074::Funny-Post:

Ye that sounds good for me too but knowing my head some mornings after a few :beersmile: the night before, Ill cop it as well :074::074:

Good to hear that they didnt stuff your cover mate and yes, we hope they fell out and left some scalp on the concrete when they did the dogs.

Nah In South Africa you use a fuel injector and a spark plug and it clears away the rubber neckers pretty fast. Noice' flame effect.

As you boat is bound to get touched when you are not around ( shame thieves work business hours like the rest of us) you may consider a GSM alarm. It will call you on your mobile when boat is entered. Put the alarm on a $10 a month plan and so it is pretty cheap. You can have it as silent or with siren and run of a small battery so the whole thing doesn't go on the water with you. Check out motor bike and car alarms with this feature. Do search of the usual places . Some with GPS also send you a long / lat SMS if you boat has gone walkies and you can trace it.

It would be justice if the scum tripped caused themselves a injury.

Edited by pelican

Hi Allen

So sorry to hear of the breakin - just as well you don't leave things of value in there! :1badmood:

I know how you feel - our campsite was burgled a month back, at Cessnock, with us sleeping in the van at the time!! I have bought the main unit from Jaycar, but haven't got the extra sensor/siren yet - must set it up for peace of mind for our next outing.

Is it on a mooring or in your yard? I have also considered (for our use) just one of those croaking toads that set off when anyone walks past ...... or a Billy Bass - ever heard one of those?? I reckon that would wake the dead!!

Cheerio

Roberta