Paralympic Games Beijing

arkedup

Hi everybody

our Aussie wheelchair rugby and basketball teams are playing again tonight you can see it on ABC2 (22 on most settop boxes)it is great TV :thumbup: If you havent seen it yet belive me its worth watching

Most of the rounds and semifinals have been played ,the remaining games are for medals so the Aussies are going hard!

Arked

Hi everybody

our Aussie wheelchair rugby and basketball teams are playing again tonight you can see it on ABC2 (22 on most settop boxes)it is great TV :thumbup: If you havent seen it yet belive me its worth watching

Most of the rounds and semifinals have been played ,the remaining games are for medals so the Aussies are going hard!

Arked

Yep I love the rugby .. they go hard and dont hold back... :beersmile:

What a shame they don't get the coverage and accolades their more fortunate counterparts enjoy :(

These people show incredible discipline, motivation and intestinal fortitude in their chosen field. Their medal haul is (as always) very impressive. :thumbup: Good on 'em!

Cheers

Hodgey

What a shame they don't get the coverage and accolades their more fortunate counterparts enjoy :(

These people show incredible discipline, motivation and intestinal fortitude in their chosen field. Their medal haul is (as always) very impressive. :thumbup: Good on 'em!

Cheers

Hodgey

Gotta agree Hodgey, we all need to take a step or two backwards to really appreciate the courage and dedication shown by these elite athletes. Sometimes, somewhat insignificant obstacles are a major hurdle to those of us who are not physically challenged.

I for one would find it hard to get over the self pity that one might find themselves getting bogged down with, rather than persuing the ultimate goals that these individuals have long since achieved.

I take my hat off to them.