Sydney Harbour Bream Spots

newatthegame

Hi Guys

Looking for some new spots to chase bream on lures in the harbour as my usual spots have provided me with jack. Without giving away secret spots can anyone give me some tips for the harbour. Any help is appreciated, and if needed spots are welcomed on my boat, (nothing flash but does the job)

Thanks

What boat do you have and do you have an electric motor?

That info will give me an idea of what sort of areas

Do you want to fish east or west of the bridge?

I have a 3.85m quintrex explorer with minn kota electric. Want to fish mostly west of the bridge as it can get a bit too sloppy for the boat during traffic.

I have a 3.85m quintrex explorer with minn kota electric. Want to fish mostly west of the bridge as it can get a bit too sloppy for the boat during traffic.

Have you tried the Hen and Chicken Bay area mate?

I do quite well up there. Usual things to look out for, shorelines and weed beds, moorings etc.

Nice and quiet place barely any other boat traffic.

The flats across from the entrance to Homebush Bay are great too..

Easiest way to do it is to work flats in the bays such as Hen and Chicken or Ironcove on the top half of the tide and work boathulls on the bottom half of the tide

For the flats use vibes HBs or plastics and for under the boats vibes or plastics

This is very basic but will suit your boat

Will be hard for a month or two but will get better as the water warms

Have you tried the Hen and Chicken Bay area mate?

I do quite well up there. Usual things to look out for, shorelines and weed beds, moorings etc.

Nice and quiet place barely any other boat traffic.

The flats across from the entrance to Homebush Bay are great too..

Gday Chewsta. Hope you have not spoiled 1 of your fav spots as there were a couple of boats flogging it on Sunday :1fishing1: Only reason I bring it up is I wanted to give it a try as well :1prop: i.e opposite Homebush Bay

Edited by gibodfisho

Gday Chewsta. Hope you have not spoiled 1 of your fav spots as there were a couple of boats flogging it on Sunday :1fishing1: Only reason I bring it up is I wanted to give it a try as well :1prop: i.e opposite Homebush Bay

Hi Gibo, So did you give it a try? or just spectating mate?

The general areas are easily named by most fishos but theres plenty of water out there,

finding and hooking the fish is the fun part though isnt it.

Hi Gibo, So did you give it a try? or just spectating mate?

The general areas are easily named by most fishos but theres plenty of water out there,

finding and hooking the fish is the fun part though isnt it.

No mate I left them to it, like you said there is plenty of water to try, no point on stepping on anyones toes. I got into some bream at Putney.

p.s. Have you had a chance to try your luck newatthegame since this thread started Cheers Dave

Hit any of the marina walls with small plastics like 2" worms on 1/20th jig heads or 35mm blades sunk down the poles.

Fish the boats in the main part of the river focusing on the mooring blocks with blades and larger bream plastics like Gulp craw in camo on 1/16-1/12ths.

In a month or 2 when Lane Cove gets over 18 degrees it will fire up again with the horses.

The bays are the targets and the mooring chains and blocks hold the big ones, the boats hold the smaller fish. Make your casts 15ft infront of the boat and let the lure sink to the block.

These areas are very quiet, be mindful of noise in the boat as you float threw as anything spook the fish...

Make long casts and try not to bang your lure on the boats.

When the water gets over 21 degrees pull out the top water and hit the rocky points in the Cove, Look for the point with pontoons and pools, theres only one, corner of the pools and pause at the poles. Pink grub and small poppers are the go. I like the grub the best so you can sink it at the poles after a top water run.

Biggest tournement bream producer of the harbour the good ol Cove!

Greg

Hit any of the marina walls with small plastics like 2" worms on 1/20th jig heads or 35mm blades sunk down the poles.

Fish the boats in the main part of the river focusing on the mooring blocks with blades and larger bream plastics like Gulp craw in camo on 1/16-1/12ths.

In a month or 2 when Lane Cove gets over 18 degrees it will fire up again with the horses.

The bays are the targets and the mooring chains and blocks hold the big ones, the boats hold the smaller fish. Make your casts 15ft infront of the boat and let the lure sink to the block.

These areas are very quiet, be mindful of noise in the boat as you float threw as anything spook the fish...

Make long casts and try not to bang your lure on the boats.

When the water gets over 21 degrees pull out the top water and hit the rocky points in the Cove, Look for the point with pontoons and pools, theres only one, corner of the pools and pause at the poles. Pink grub and small poppers are the go. I like the grub the best so you can sink it at the poles after a top water run.

Biggest tournement bream producer of the harbour the good ol Cove!

Greg

Giving the spots up now hey, :secret::1prop:

Giving the spots up now hey, :secret::1prop:

well I got no use of it any more! LOL

I'll even tell em the name of the boat I have pulled most of my moster tournement bream from under if the monies right! :biggrin2:

2x 1.4kg and 1x 1.6kg bream in 45mins in the Australian Open. Every year I have pulled at least 1 1.5kg fish from it in the open!

well I got no use of it any more! LOL

I'll even tell em the name of the boat I have pulled most of my moster tournement bream from under if the monies right! :biggrin2:

2x 1.4kg and 1x 1.6kg bream in 45mins in the Australian Open. Every year I have pulled at least 1 1.5kg fish from it in the open!

I can just imagine bream fishos checking out the name of every boat in the cove, too funny, oh well at least I know where it is, too bad I dont have a boat. Wheres the contender?

I can just imagine bream fishos checking out the name of every boat in the cove, too funny, oh well at least I know where it is, too bad I dont have a boat. Wheres the contender?

Air berth going in on Thursday, boat should be ready in a couple of weeks minus a few things which will have to be fitted later, can't not have a boat for to long......

No mate I left them to it, like you said there is plenty of water to try, no point on stepping on anyones toes. I got into some bream at Putney.

p.s. Have you had a chance to try your luck newatthegame since this thread started Cheers Dave

Hi Dave

Nah i haven't had a go since i posted, was up at Taree last weekend though and got amongst a few which was great. I am currently working at homebush bay and look out over the water everyday wishing i was fishing instead of working, never have tried the flats there only the rock walls where i have had sucess. Hen and chicken bay is usually productive but i have had no success as of late either, maybe i am just getting worse!

Thanks alot for the tips Greg, did you sell the skeeter?

Randall

Edited by newatthegame

Skeeter is all but gone and there is still an Open for 2009!

Can't get rid of the season opener on the best mainland bream waterway we have!

Mid Jan as usual but this year on some of the best tide cycles of the year I recon!

Could be the comp to win with "other" methods ;)

I'm not 100% on boat I'll be out of yet, could do the Contender if the conditions are good.

500hp 28ft bream boat :thumbup:

Skeeter is all but gone and there is still an Open for 2009!

Can't get rid of the season opener on the best mainland bream waterway we have!

Mid Jan as usual but this year on some of the best tide cycles of the year I recon!

Could be the comp to win with "other" methods ;)

I'm not 100% on boat I'll be out of yet, could do the Contender if the conditions are good.

500hp 28ft bream boat :thumbup:

i'll even pay you to ride on your new boat!

let me now if you need some pocket change for fuel :1prop: