The Wool Being Pulled Over Our Eyes

nemu

It is with interest reading through this forum I find that there are people with the sound knowledge who do question the basis of some if not all marine parks.I'm not a university scholar but with observing the antics of the previous few weeks including voter backlash on the weekend that the power in state at this moment is experiencing a flutter of termoil that today has been echoed by our own Mr Rudd telling them to get thier act together.What I'm saying is we all know it was a fiasco based on add hoc hear say research that overlooked real problems that actually do exist as I told you I'm no scholar but there are real dire straights in our marine world and I am of the belief we the people have been decieved by these powers to be and I'd like to bring into question all thier decisions that would bring to light the misrepresentation of tax payers monies that has already happend.The state used make believe in some sort of fairy tale as a basis and nothing really as we know it to well stopped it from happening and I'm plain dumbfounded by it all again raising the question of these so called sanctuaries how did they come into been to start with so what my point is wer've had the wool pulled over our eyes by these people and unfortunate to us fisho's is the average consituant of this state dosn't know otherwise or didn't know otherwise but I hope the worm will turn next time around as more people see the light and hopefully we can all live happilly ever after!!!!!!?

It is with interest reading through this forum I find that there are people with the sound knowledge who do question the basis of some if not all marine parks.I'm not a university scholar but with observing the antics of the previous few weeks including voter backlash on the weekend that the power in state at this moment is experiencing a flutter of termoil that today has been echoed by our own Mr Rudd telling them to get thier act together.What I'm saying is we all know it was a fiasco based on add hoc hear say research that overlooked real problems that actually do exist as I told you I'm no scholar but there are real dire straights in our marine world and I am of the belief we the people have been decieved by these powers to be and I'd like to bring into question all thier decisions that would bring to light the misrepresentation of tax payers monies that has already happend.The state used make believe in some sort of fairy tale as a basis and nothing really as we know it to well stopped it from happening and I'm plain dumbfounded by it all again raising the question of these so called sanctuaries how did they come into been to start with so what my point is wer've had the wool pulled over our eyes by these people and unfortunate to us fisho's is the average consituant of this state dosn't know otherwise or didn't know otherwise but I hope the worm will turn next time around as more people see the light and hopefully we can all live happilly ever after!!!!!!?

nemu,

I agree with where you are coming from. I tried so hard on the Raider site, in my column in the St George Leader and on my own web site to convince fishermen not to vote for these tossers, because I could see where it would all end up and sure enough we have Marline Parks and Sanctuary zones all along our coastline. Monitored by NPAW and not Fisheries. Why do we have a government body called fisheries and what do they do now? That’s what has had me scratching my head for the past 18 or so months.

Fishermen are a lethargic bunch who just wants to go fishing and enjoy this wonderful sport that we all pursue with the passion that only a fisherman understands.

We now find that we get fined $560.00 for each person in the boat that may accidentally drift into a marine park or sanctuary zone, no warning instant fines I watched a family get booked at Port Stephens last year at a cost of $1600.00 a lovely way to enjoy a fishing family holiday. We are also faced in the future with a payment to enter a marine Park over and above our fishing licence of $ 30.00 (paid to fisheries....what for you may ask)

These Marine Parks have been driven by the Greens with vote preferences with no scientific research as to what effect and will they do anything in the long run. You see all the species we are talking about are migratory and do not reside in the areas for very long. Species such as blackfish, mullet, bream bonito, salmon, bluefin, snapper and so many more are travelling fish that have no particular place of abode so what good do marine parks do I ask. Rules like trolling but no bottom fishing, no anchoring, soft plastics only, come on we are fishermen not Rhodes scholars carrying a set of rules on a lap top.

Grey nurse zones in Marine Parks, a total joke... a fisherman cannot go within 1500 metres but every dive shop in the world can bundle as many bubble heads in on a cave with camera flashes and that's ok.

Dolphin watchers can harass dolphins, whale watchers annoy migrating whales but FISHERMEN ... are treated like criminals.

We work to bag limits; we pay our fees and have little say about how we feel and when we do complain it is as though no one is listening. Try to talk to MacDonald, that if he is still Fisheries minister. It's easier to talk to Elvis.

I am meeting with Duncan Gay and the Shadow minister for fisheries soon and I am going to attempt to lobby them to review the whole marine park scene if they are elected. I am also going to assure them that fisherman will think twice this time before voting labour. Another four years with these drones will see more closures of popular areas and more costs to the fisho...they've been a joke since they got power and I cannot see that improving.

Who's with me?

nemu,

I agree with where you are coming from. I tried so hard on the Raider site, in my column in the St George Leader and on my own web site to convince fishermen not to vote for these tossers, because I could see where it would all end up and sure enough we have Marline Parks and Sanctuary zones all along our coastline. Monitored by NPAW and not Fisheries. Why do we have a government body called fisheries and what do they do now? That’s what has had me scratching my head for the past 18 or so months.

Fishermen are a lethargic bunch who just wants to go fishing and enjoy this wonderful sport that we all pursue with the passion that only a fisherman understands.

We now find that we get fined $560.00 for each person in the boat that may accidentally drift into a marine park or sanctuary zone, no warning instant fines I watched a family get booked at Port Stephens last year at a cost of $1600.00 a lovely way to enjoy a fishing family holiday. We are also faced in the future with a payment to enter a marine Park over and above our fishing licence of $ 30.00 (paid to fisheries....what for you may ask)

These Marine Parks have been driven by the Greens with vote preferences with no scientific research as to what effect and will they do anything in the long run. You see all the species we are talking about are migratory and do not reside in the areas for very long. Species such as blackfish, mullet, bream bonito, salmon, bluefin, snapper and so many more are travelling fish that have no particular place of abode so what good do marine parks do I ask. Rules like trolling but no bottom fishing, no anchoring, soft plastics only, come on we are fishermen not Rhodes scholars carrying a set of rules on a lap top.

Grey nurse zones in Marine Parks, a total joke... a fisherman cannot go within 1500 metres but every dive shop in the world can bundle as many bubble heads in on a cave with camera flashes and that's ok.

Dolphin watchers can harass dolphins, whale watchers annoy migrating whales but FISHERMEN ... are treated like criminals.

We work to bag limits; we pay our fees and have little say about how we feel and when we do complain it is as though no one is listening. Try to talk to MacDonald, that if he is still Fisheries minister. It's easier to talk to Elvis.

I am meeting with Duncan Gay and the Shadow minister for fisheries soon and I am going to attempt to lobby them to review the whole marine park scene if they are elected. I am also going to assure them that fisherman will think twice this time before voting labour. Another four years with these drones will see more closures of popular areas and more costs to the fisho...they've been a joke since they got power and I cannot see that improving.

Who's with me?

Hi Ross,

you are spot on in what you say about those in goverment, at least I don't feel guilty about voting them in. as you said Elvis would listen more than them.The only possible chance we have is to get a fishery minister that is as keen about fishing as all of us.{don't hold your breath}

Iam lucky there are no marine parks out where I fish.

cheers Rick.