Finally Some Kingie Action

Dougz77

Hi Fishraiders,

Go easy this is my first ever post.

Well after long days and nights searching Syd Harbour during winter without pay dirt we finally got some good weather in Spring. :thumbup:

I was loosing hope for some good fishing days, having tried several known hot spots during winter.

I can't possibily count how many live yakkas i dropped in the water during winter without a single hit whatsoever. :thumbdown:

Went down to my fav land based spot in the harbour for a cast on sunny saturday arvo and licked my lips when seeing heaps of bait fish schooling and loads of birds filling there guts.

Unfortunately i was only able to land a barely legal sized flounder and a baby Snapper. Flounder seem like an ok fish not sure what they are like for eating.

Was very very close to hooking a spring king after having it follow my soft plastic from out back all the way in up-to the shoreline every now and then giving it a strike and then pulling away. Can't think how i didn't hook up? He would have been at least 60 cm give or take a few cm's.

Anyway when i land some decent fish i will post again.

Thanks

Dougz77

post-8488-1221471670_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani: aboard Dougs77...

that flounder you got there are very much a prized catch by some.

lightly floured seasoned and pan fried for a very short period :biggrin2: ...

pitty about the king just playing,better luck next time,

things are really hotting up for a cracker harbour kingy season this year :yahoo: ..

cheers...steve.....

a little trick for the shy kingys is cube up a couple off pillys in tinny cubes

bait one cube on a blacky hook and throw out one cube at a time when your down to 6 cubes throw the lot in with the baited hook give it plenty off slack line and hang on

i love catching kings this way on 6 lb fire wire on a bream rod never a dull moment

pelled prawn ar just as good

cherrs gary