My First Fish

slinkymalinky

Ow shucks, that is sooooo cute!!! Don't suppose you have red hair too??

I don't think anyone ever took a photo of any my first 200 fish, let alone the first! :( Being the youngest of 4 means you don't get your photo taken at every momentous occasion ....... I had a deprived childhood ...... but I have made up for it lately, by taking photos of virtually every fish! :1prop:

Cheeriko

Roberta

Hi Raiders, don't know if this counts but it is me with a flattie my Dad caught off the beach at Avoca, I was with dear old Dad when he caught it about 1968 - 1969. The pic is taken in the old campimg ground at Avoca opposite the theatre.. Cheers P.S Check the old Ford Cortina behind me...

post-3371-1221726896_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm not my first fish but the Pink 'cut lunch' shorts and Pink Crystal Cylinders t-shirt gives away the era (go the early 80's) as does the mass destruction of Mowie's and reefy's that happened to hook themselves that day.....from memory anything under pan sized went back and let's only keep the breeders (makes so much sense in hindsight - not!!!)

post-4925-1223865534_thumb.jpg

Poddy Trapper on the right of the photo and Coyote on the left with late grandfather who taught us plenty in the middle (probably wouldn't be fishing today without his input in our younger years)

Fish caught of mouth of Burrill (Ulladulla launch) pre GPS when you had to Line up Pigeon house and Saddle Back mountain and the light house Ulladulla whilst farting in an easterly direction so you didn't drift too far....ah those were the days!!!!

Looking back now....we'd never destroy that many fish again.

Edited by Poddy Trapper