The Gorge @ Penrith

Decided to head out on the first bass trip of the new season and while its pretty quiet still managed a couple on betts spin baits to start the ball rolling.

The water temp is around 15.6 c and the bass seem to have taken a liking to some type of small galaxia as when I boated the first one it spat out two dead ones and a live one :1yikes:

See pics below and there are 3 small fry near the bass's mouth.

Didnt get many hits at all in 4 hours but a fish is a fish and a pretty nice day on the water.

I did get buzzed by a chopper as they were flying along the river and I would like to thank the generous guy on the jetski who thought I may have been broken down and came over to see if everything was ok :biggrin2: .

There are fish starting to move and a few degrees in water temp should see them goin right off !!!

Good thing is the water is quiet clean and there isnt a lot of weed yet :yahoo:

post-256-1221713694_thumb.jpg

post-256-1221713705_thumb.jpg

post-256-1221713717_thumb.jpg

post-256-1221713729_thumb.jpg

post-256-1221713741_thumb.jpg

post-256-1221713753_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

:yahoo: Great to see you back out on the water Stewy :thumbup:

I like that gold Betts Spinners / grub in motor-oil combination, particularly because you can change jigheads to suit your depth, and they are relatively snag friendly. The fact that it accounts for a shedload of bass has absolutely nothing to do with it! :074:

That looks like a beaut spot, mate. The fish must have been a bloody guts if he can spit out a fish that is still kickin' :1yikes: Hmmm, might have to sneak down for a weekend on the bass ... :drool:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hmmmm well done Stewy.

As a Sutho Shire Hobbit and having only caught Bass out from Grady's (West Nowra), is the Nepean the best place for Bass if your Sydney Based (I think Audley Bass are just a Hoax)? I did see that Cracker taken out of Chippy Norton lake last year but my gut tells me they are few and far between.

Hmmmm well done Stewy.

As a Sutho Shire Hobbit and having only caught Bass out from Grady's (West Nowra), is the Nepean the best place for Bass if your Sydney Based (I think Audley Bass are just a Hoax)? I did see that Cracker taken out of Chippy Norton lake last year but my gut tells me they are few and far between.

Yeh Poddy ,the Nepean is a good producer of medium to small fish and the entire length from way out the back of Camden down to Windsor is always worth a shot.

The Bass up at Chippo are not so reliable :(

Cheers Stewy

G'day Stewy,

Soooooo good to see you up there. Isn't it great :biggrin2:

That rock in your 4th Pic... did you take a fish out of there?? I've got fish right in tight against it but only the the once 2 seasons ago. Never got one since.

Great pics and nice fish too.

See ya at the bay social.

Cheers

Dave.

Great photos Stewie,

What boat were you fishing from - did you tow your boat up there?

Can you eat the fish (bass) you caught?

Going on the size of the baitfish your bass regurgitated, would you have a better chance with a smaller lure?

Cheers

Great photos Stewie,

What boat were you fishing from - did you tow your boat up there?

Can you eat the fish (bass) you caught?

Going on the size of the baitfish your bass regurgitated, would you have a better chance with a smaller lure?

Cheers

From my 4.1 Polycraft and yeh the Pajero tows it really easily.

You could eat the bass but I do not and release all Bass I catch :biggrin2:

I have used that setup many times and just didnt get the hits as the water temp is a weee bit cool.

The two fish I caught were within 5 mins of each other and from an identical drop off where large rocks had fringes of weed so I guess thats where the little fellas were hiding.

Cheers Stewy