Boat Ramps........

ORES

Gday raiders,

Ive got a bit of a spit...

I own a farly large boat 5.25m and I dont get to much time to use it but when I do most of the time is when my mates are at work as I work for myself and most of my work is on theweek end.

So i have no choice but to go out on my own.

But when you put it in the water there is no where you could tie the boat to while you park the car so you dont find that the bloody thing has floated away in the bay :( .

And when you come in, the same thing. I use a few ramps that dont have jettys nearthem and if they have jettys they are usualy being used by people having a yarn or waiting for others to arrive.

Why doesnt the council dinabolt a few ring polts on the sides of the ramps or something. :1badmood:

It would make life allot easyer for us sole fisherman with out using 50m of rope to tie the bloody thing to a nearby bin or tree :1badmood: .

I was actualy going to go to the ramps I frequent with a cordless hamer drill and put some in myself.

Has anyone got this problem or is it just me.. Has any one got any sugestions or techniques that might be helpfull.

Cheers

Edited by STUCATZ

Your anchor is your friend..

anchor down close and have a secondary rope on land.

Gday raiders,

Ive got a bit of a spit...

I own a farly large boat 5.25m and I dont get to much time to use it but when I do most of the time is when my mates are at work as I work for myself and most of my work is on theweek end.

So i have no choice but to go out on my own.

But when you put it in the water there is no where you could tie the boat to while you park the car so you dont find that the bloody thing has floated away in the bay :( .

And when you come in, the same thing. I use a few ramps that dont have jettys nearthem and if they have jettys they are usualy being used by people having a yarn or waiting for others to arrive.

Why doesnt the council dinabolt a few ring polts on the sides of the ramps or something. :1badmood:

It would make life allot easyer for us sole fisherman with out using 50m of rope to tie the bloody thing to a nearby bin or tree :1badmood: .

I was actualy going to go to the ramps I frequent with a cordless hamer drill and put some in myself.

Has anyone got this problem or is it just me.. Has any one got any sugestions or techniques that might be helpfull.

Cheers

Mate, where are you putting in? I notice that you are Inner West, I live at Putney and every ramp I use has a pontoon, ie, Wharf Rd, Kissing Point, Tunks, Apple Tree, the only one That I know of that doesn't is Drummoyne, but why would you bother when there are plenty of other favourable ramps.

Tuffy

Mate, where are you putting in? I notice that you are Inner West, I live at Putney and every ramp I use has a pontoon, ie, Wharf Rd, Kissing Point, Tunks, Apple Tree, the only one That I know of that doesn't is Drummoyne, but why would you bother when there are plenty of other favourable ramps.

Tuffy

Wheres wharf rd and kissing point road?

I would like to use drummoyne as its down the road but you cant win them all.

As I mentioned when I get to one with a warf, theres allways some one there that hogs the warf :mad3: Im a big boy maybe I should say some thing.

:ranting2:

Edited by STUCATZ

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaate! :biggrin2:

Tunks and Rose bay are only 15 minutes away once you get onto Diggers Crossing (ANZAC Bridge) Both will put you a hell of a lot closer to the action. :thumbup:

What ever you do don't use the one at the end of lillyfeild Rd in your boat :thumbdown:

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites

whalf road is my local ramp and as with all ramps it can be very busy

to avoid the hassels at whalf road you need to work out the best and worst times

1 morrnings be there before 7.00am

2arvo don't even attempt till after 2.30pm

this is for weekends that the day tripper will be out

as for potoon hogs well that's life and walf road can hold 4 boats tyed up but the rubber bummper is well worn so you need bolards or someone to hold your boat clear

o and most important is river cat surge

if your looking down the ramp the left hand side is the go as the right has a pot hole that makes you think your off the end but your not

and when a cat goes past the right side cops a surge that goes up the ramp 3 meters

gary

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaate! :biggrin2:

Tunks and Rose bay are only 15 minutes away once you get onto Diggers Crossing (ANZAC Bridge) Both will put you a hell of a lot closer to the action. :thumbup:

What ever you do don't use the one at the end of lillyfeild Rd in your boat :thumbdown:

Robbie.

Rob, yes I know, Lillyfield road is a shoker isnt it? Collect a few shopping trolleys on the way

:074:

I use Tunks park, but as I said Its bloody busy and all those presious femails that take there bloody time to get in the boat while others are waitingto use the jetty, mean while others are waiting for you move your car to get in the water and so on........ It shits me.

I went out at tunks park Sat morning at 8am and could not find a parking spot for a while.

Hunted arround middle harbour for kingies, no good, headed out to the heads and was one of 10 odd boats chassing a school of salmon for about 1 hour. Not many boats had much luck from what I could see except one guy with a small metal lure that got the first one. Then I got one with a small metal. Then thats it for what I could see.

Mate I saw people including my self throw every thing from plastick, metal, livies bar the kitchen sink.

My mate said we should have brought a stick of TNT with us :074::074:

Was fun anyway, good to get the boat out.

Rosebay, I dont know about, only went there once a long time ago.

Is there much parking there? cant remember.

Im a big boy maybe I should say some thing.

You absolutely should, I give anyone a blast that's selfishly hogging a pontoon unless they're on their own.

Conditions don't always make the side of pontoons possible and people need to realize that boats can be tied up other ways than putting the boat right along the face of the pontoon.

Two things I hate are people who who take up the entire front of the pontoon with one boat while they stand on the pontoon and talk to people instead of getting their trailer down and boat out of the way as soon as possible and people who tie up to a pontoon and sit around waiting for the other person to bring the trailer down, it doesn't hurt to drop someone off and then go sit out in the water out of the way of everyone putting in or taking out.\

I'm glad I no longer have a 5.3m boat as I'd always have to wait forever to be able to drop someone off, now with the 4.3m open tinnie I can pull up anywhere.

Someone once told me that bolards make good cushioning for bumping the boats of morons out of the way.

Edited by reLapse

You absolutely should, I give anyone a blast that's selfishly hogging a pontoon unless they're on their own.

Conditions don't always make the side of pontoons possible and people need to realize that boats can be tied up other ways than putting the boat right along the face of the pontoon.

Two things I hate are people who who take up the entire front of the pontoon with one boat while they stand on the pontoon and talk to people instead of getting their trailer down and boat out of the way as soon as possible and people who tie up to a pontoon and sit around waiting for the other person to bring the trailer down, it doesn't hurt to drop someone off and then go sit out in the water out of the way of everyone putting in or taking out.\

I'm glad I no longer have a 5.3m boat as I'd always have to wait forever to be able to drop someone off, now with the 4.3m open tinnie I can pull up anywhere.

Someone once told me that bolards make good cushioning for bumping the boats of morons out of the way.

Gday relaps, you are absolutly right, thats exactly what Im talking about.

If they drop there trailor off and then take off I dont mind but when the warm up the boat and take there sweetass time its not right.

I understand that some times the person you are fishing with can not drive the boat or revers a trailor for that matter but Im sure he could hold the boat near the ramp for a while while you get the trailor sorted.

At least 2 other faster boats can get in and on there way by the time you get back.

Re getting a smaller boat, WHY SHOULD I :mad3: Why do have to sacrifice my comfort for others comfort due to there lack of curtisy :mad3: