Stainless Steel Live Well

chocofallon

Hi All,

I think this might have been discussed earlier but I am getting a new live bait tank and its a choice between a polyethylene one and a second hand Stainless steel tank. The stainless tank seems ideal but I was wondering does the stainless steel tank get a lot hotter in the sun. or does the constant circulating water keep it cool.

If anyone has had any problems with the Stainless steel tanks effecting the life of livies can you let me know. I can remember reading it somewhere so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi All,

I think this might have been discussed earlier but I am getting a new live bait tank and its a choice between a polyethylene one and a second hand Stainless steel tank. The stainless tank seems ideal but I was wondering does the stainless steel tank get a lot hotter in the sun. or does the constant circulating water keep it cool.

If anyone has had any problems with the Stainless steel tanks effecting the life of livies can you let me know. I can remember reading it somewhere so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Gdayyyyyyyyy Joe,

I have had my S/S for ten years just paint the inside black, then they don't go

crazy in tank,makes them comfortable.

Cheers.

Gdayyyyyyyyy Joe,

I have had my S/S for ten years just paint the inside black, then they don't go

crazy in tank,makes them comfortable.

Cheers.

Thanks Rick,

I might try that with the black paint if I go with the Steel tank. So the water doesn't obviously warm up too much with the tank sitting in the sun? I'm assuming the circulating water will keep them cool enough.

Cheers,

Joe