Salmon

DarrenC

Hey guys, just joined so not sure what im doing yet, hope this works. Went out off Newport Reef on 29.8.08, with my girl friend. Hit a huge bait school (like the ones you see in mags or tv). Turned out salmon were all over the place. Did a few drive bys with skirts and first hit was Em, she lost it at the boat, :mad3: not happy. Anyway her rod went off anothe couple of times b4 us boys got any action. Cut a long story short, em ended up landing 3 salmon, me 1 and my mate 2.. All up though must have got 15 fish mainly loosing them at the boat. Great day out and Em got to test her pink ugly stick with a 60cm salmon ( loosing it at the boat) but our first time chucking into the school and feelng the strike and trolling through the school and hooking up!

thanks Dan

post-8406-1224904543_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allfisher

Hey guys, just joined so not sure what im doing yet, hope this works. Went out off Newport Reef on 29.8.08, with my girl friend. Hit a huge bait school (like the ones you see in mags or tv). Turned out salmon were all over the place. Did a few drive bys with skirts and first hit was Em, she lost it at the boat, :mad3: not happy. Anyway her rod went off anothe couple of times b4 us boys got any action. Cut a long story short, em ended up landing 3 salmon, me 1 and my mate 2.. All up though must have got 15 fish mainly loosing them at the boat. Great day out and Em got to test her pink ugly stick with a 60cm salmon ( loosing it at the boat) but our first time chucking into the school and feelng the strike and trolling through the school and hooking up!

Can`t seem to get photo on, can anyone help?? won`t attach 4 some reason

thanks Dan

Hey mate,

welcome aboard. I havnt posted a letter in ages, as work has kept me off the water.

I cant recall how many stories I have heard of the girls out doing the "all knowing lads".

There ar plenty of tips on the site, on how to post pictures.

Check in some of the other catagories, or use the search prompt on the home page.

The sambo's are great fun, the airobatics makes for a great photo if you can time it right.

See you on the water

sparkles

• 3 weeks later...

Only the first pass went straight through them, there was nothing, and then the surface just erupted about 30 meters in front of the boat. After about three passes one other boat turned up. The scool was moving around pretty fast so stoping to throw metals at them wasn't getting results. Everything stoped while both boats were idling. When they surfaced agian they had split into three. The other boat went after one of the other schools so we stared trolling again. Even then we kept our distance so they wouldn't break up even more or go deep again. We'd drive passed them with the skirts in the water about 50 or 60 meters behind, then turn and go across in front of them so the skirts would go through the middle of the school. hooked up every time.