First Striped Marlin And Tuna Galore

Ross Hunter

Had a great day today It all started with a striped marlin in 75 fathoms A marlin of 65 kg jumped on the Lumo Bloodshot and first time marlin angler Joe Di Tommaso was on strike The fish took a quick hundred metres just to let Joe Know that he hard to earn this stripes (pardon the pun) After 25 minutes combined with a bit of reverse gear the fish was released and swam away unhindered and a lot wiser I am sure. The fish was the first marlin of the season.

We then proceeded to 180 fathoms and hooked up a yellowfin on a bib less We threw cubes and had them up straight away we caught a dozen fin on Broadbill... Billfisher, too cleaned up on yellowfin and albies. The fish were up to 15kg. I will do a better post later as I am in a hurry..

Photos to follow tomorrow.Just wanted to let you know that the fishing is HOT.

Update on yesterday

We fished yesterday and finally got out at 8am having picked up at 6am, we ventured out the first time and turned back in the 25 knot conditions, that were quite uncomfortable, however it did back off but was still quite sloppy so out we went on Broady an hour later. She is such a stable boat in those conditions it does make me realize sometimes what a beautiful fishing boat she is. We raised another billfish but missed him and caught 12 tuna and albies The albacore where good size. We would troll three minnows and when we hooked up would throw cubes it worked well We fished the egg beaters and 15kg braid on them geat fun.

Happy faces smiles on dials

THERE WILL BE A FULL REPORT ON OUR WEB SITE TODAY www.gamefishingcharters.com.auMy Webpage

Ross

post-2782-1223263546_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263523_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263340_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263321_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263290_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263490_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263452_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263424_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263394_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263394_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263360_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1223263577_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ross Hunter

Great Work Ross once again, Beakie this early is unreal, i heard about it earlier today, news like that travels fast, Got the crew on some good fish there, hope tommorrow is just as good for u and Glen, see u out there Cheers Dave

Congrats Ross. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Promising report for the Raiders who have been waiting for the fins and beakies. I daresay we will start seeing some very exciting reports from those Raiders VERY soon! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Great Work Ross once again, Beakie this early is unreal, i heard about it earlier today, news like that travels fast, Got the crew on some good fish there, hope tommorrow is just as good for u and Glen, see u out there Cheers Dave

Dave ,

Thanks for that it is always nice to get that first marlin behind you. Thanks for the weather report yesterday Most appreciatted. We had lady on board and it was ordinary at 6am

Thanks again.

Ross

Congrats Ross. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Promising report for the Raiders who have been waiting for the fins and beakies. I daresay we will start seeing some very exciting reports from those Raiders VERY soon! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hodgey,

Thanks mate I think everyone caught tuna yesterday

I just spoke to Glenn and he has a swag today and heading in.

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to get out amongst them myself as soon as I can.

We cleaned up on flathead in St. Georges Basin today on plastics.

Bruce Rayment.

That's good to hear Bruce The fishing of here has gone RED HOT.

Cheers mate

Ross

Hey Ross great report.

How long do you think the fin will stay around for.

Frank ,

There still there today Glenn has all but bagged out on tuna and albies To answer your question they will be here as long as that eddie of hot stuff stays with us and that should be a while

Ross

well done Ross!!

fantastic news on the beakies - you've got my blood pumping for a good season.

we saw you out there yesterday (i was aboard Le Pasha). we got in to a good handful of YFT on the troll and the cube with a couple of double and triple hookups. didnt see an albie all day though.

hope to see you out there again soon in better conditions next time!!

CFD

Thanks mate The boys called me over to join their slick as they had fish up. However we already had almost our bag limit and I wanted to get back to watch the footy and I had been fishing since 5.30 am and you are right it was sloppy. The albies were a bit wider.

Billfisher caught a heap of tuna and albies yesterday

Ross