Shellharbour Albacore

lukeric

Hi, Headed out with the missus today from Shellhaebour ramp,We launched the boat at 330pm and headed a few ks out off bass point.

There were birds working everywhere so we troll over near them with bibbed minows and 4 inch skirts.Nothing there so head out a little further to about 75m of water then minow on snapper rod goes off folllowed by a skirt, short fight and two small albacore about 3-5kg are boarded at about 4pm.Reset lures and within 5 mins we have a double hookup again about same size .Then a triple hookup and lines nearly tangled saw three more boarded.All within 5 ks of harbour..

With a good feed on board we headed back to harbour and had fish and boat cleaned by 530pm.

What an action packed afternoon of fishing.

Any one in small boats wanting a bit of good action should head out tomorrow while theyre there.

Cheers Luke

post-4064-1223192770_thumb.jpg

post-4064-1223192783_thumb.jpg

post-4064-1223192791_thumb.jpg

Edited by lukeric

lukeric,

Nice feed of albies mate, any reports of fin out at the canyons as yet?

Spooled,

The guy who told me that the albacore were off bass point went to Kiama canyons and cubed all day for one small fin about 10kg.

They wont be too far off though.

Let me know if youre out one wend maby meet up one day.

I wish my missus goes fishing. But in the positive side, she doesnt know how much I spend buying stuff for fishing.

Good catch guys. It looks like its going to be a very good fishing season.

Spooled,

The guy who told me that the albacore were off bass point went to Kiama canyons and cubed all day for one small fin about 10kg.

They wont be too far off though.

Let me know if youre out one wend maby meet up one day.

Will do mate,

Unfortunally due to kids footy presentations and then there baseball this weekend is a total loss on the fishing front,but hey hopefully they will be out there in good numbers the following week.If your going out this weekend i hope you get into them

Dave :thumbup: