Hands Up - Who Is Curious About Soft Plastics Fishing But Don't Know Where To Start?

NickN

Would you like to learn how to fish with SPs?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. would you be interested in a series of articles on SP fishing?

• YES
    • NO
    • I Use Peeled Prawns

Hands up how many of you guys out there on the forums are curious about soft plastics fishing but don't know where... or how to get started.

That may even go for some of you who have dabbled but not quite had the success you had hoped for due to lack of knowledge/skills or not knowing how to use ther fishing gear you have.

Reason for these questions.... I was hoping to guage the level of member interest in putting together a complete series of informative tutorials and if necessary, some get-togethers to help get as many people as possible started and help those out who want to improve what they already know.

This is not going to be aimed at turning anybody into a pro level soft plastics tournament hero, just give people a good level of competency and understanding so that any outing with soft plastics can be a fun and successful one with no stories of broken leader knots and stories of how the use of wrong technique or gear cost a good fish.

Look forward to your replies.

Nick

It's worth getting along to any of the Raider socials too.

At the recent Back to the Bay Social, Swordfisherman (a.k.a. Stewy) spent time coaching a couple of plastics virgins. After only 10 or 15 minutes with someone who really knows his stuff giving them some personal instruction, both caught their first fish on plastic within 15 minutes... One of them won the 'biggest flathead' prize on the day.

At the socials there are always a great mix of members including some 'gun' fishos around all of whom are only too happy to help out anyone who wants some tips.

Cheers, Slinky

Feedback sounds positive guys.

I am going to focus more on rods, reels, lines, lures etc and then maybe finish up with some techniques.

My hope is to educate people on the type of gear available and hopefully dispell common rumours and myths.

Hands up how many of you guys out there on the forums are curious about soft plastics fishing but don't know where... or how to get started.

That may even go for some of you who have dabbled but not quite had the success you had hoped for due to lack of knowledge/skills or not knowing how to use ther fishing gear you have.

Reason for these questions.... I was hoping to guage the level of member interest in putting together a complete series of informative tutorials and if necessary, some get-togethers to help get as many people as possible started and help those out who want to improve what they already know.

This is not going to be aimed at turning anybody into a pro level soft plastics tournament hero, just give people a good level of competency and understanding so that any outing with soft plastics can be a fun and successful one with no stories of broken leader knots and stories of how the use of wrong technique or gear cost a good fish.

Look forward to your replies.

Nick

[/quote

Great idea, i've never had much luck with plastic's & would love to find out what i'm doing wrong!

Regards Jeff

I'd be definitely interested. I had reasonable success back in the early 80s with Mr Twisters on flathead but I can't seem to have any success with the modern plastics. They don't seem to have much action and I usually revert to hard body lures.

Baz

This is something we have been meaning to organise for some time - thanks for bringing it up NickN

Fishraider admin and mod team are in the process of organising a Soft Plastics workshop.

We have much knowledge amongst our members here and it will be a hands on day somewhere that everyone can try out the techniques and catch fish just like slayer666 and Italian Stallion did at our recent social.

Everyone will be welcome

Watch the social events for details.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman