Brisbane Water - Big Flattie

stevie

Hello Raiders, bit of a late report, just worked out how to post pictures. Went for a drift for some flatties last Saturday with the :wife:. Weather wasn't too good, showers and 15-20 knots south easterly. Nearly didn't go after fishing Thursday and Friday's beautiful days for bugger all but you don't have to twist my wife's arm too far. Found a spot out of the wind and we both rigged up Black and gold squidgey, 80mm fish on 3/8 oz jigs.

First drift produced a 45cm flattie for the :wife:, second drift produced nothing, but halfway down the 3rd drift when the :wife: was just finishing her retrieve I saw this cracker flathead come up and wolf down her lure. After a few nail biting runs and a few wtf and holyshits from me, we managed to net the big girl. A couple of pics and she was released.

The :wife: PB, beating her previous mark by 10cm, and beating mine by 5cm :1crybaby:.Caught a few more 40 to 50cm ones before it started pissing down and we headed back home. cheers

post-6524-1223637751_thumb.jpg

post-6524-1223637831_thumb.jpg

Now that's a lizard! :1yikes:

Good to see the better half showing off the old man. :wacko:

Well done, would have killed them but for the wind.

Next time :1fishing1:

The secret is to tell the :wife: to stand by on the anchor while you get the first cast in :074::074:

Nice report and great pics - I wish I could spend a satisfying day on the water with the better half.

Cheers

Mariner

Great flatty, how big was it?

We've done well in Brisbane Waters at times, its pretty overfished particularly for flatties, so well done on catching such a quality fish.

Its always the way when people take their wives fishing.

Josh

Welcome to Fishraiders cc, noticed its your first post and a good one at that, even if the missus scored better this time around (good encoragement to keep going fishing). Was that the Kin broadwater ? I was out last weekend around Sara and didnt get any so you did well, even sat out through that rain.

Hope to see more good posts, especially with the fishing/weather ? improving.

Cheers

:1welcomeani: Mr (and Mrs) ccfisher.

What a great fish to open your Fishraider Reports account with! :biggrin2: That flattie is in pristine condition :1yikes: Well done on the releasing the old girl as well! :thumbup: Look forward to seeing some more terrific reports in the future. Another contender for Catch Of The Month!

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day ccfisher,

Fantastic fish for your first post... or any post for that matter. :thumbup:

You'll have to work hard now to win back your place at the top of the food chain or else you'll never hear the end of it (Mrs Slinky never lets me forget she caught a bigger Queenie than me in Cape York).

Nice photos too... that sky looks ominous.

Cheers, Slinky

Another coasty, congrats on the fish , it's a beauty, and where abouts wwere you fishing, I'll be out tomorrow early around the bensville channel again.. Great first post and good pics too.. Cheers....

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcoming replies. Doh,I forgot to say how big the flattie went :wacko: she was 80cm & was caught around the gosford end of brissy water.

Will be out there next week trying to better the missus though me thinks it may take a while, but it'll be fun trying. cheers