New Set Of Wheels For Keith's 15ft 'sit In' Kayak

arpie

Hi guys

On the weekend, I got stuck into making a yak trolley for Keith's Dagger Edisto yak (a sit in) so wanted an easy trolley that was not too heavy. I had previously purchased a metal trolley from Bunnings but decided there was too much cutting & stuff & it would still be pretty heavy.

Then, in the local Sallies/Vinnies shop, I found an 'off road' 3-wheeled pram that had all the handles missing ...... but still had all the undercarraige in tact & they sold it to me for ........ wait for it ...... $2 :1yikes::1yikes:

Done, I said in a flash!! :) A couple of cuts here & there, attaching one bit to another bit & VOILA!! Shoved a bit of foam on the bottom rung & used one of Keith's ex bike tubes as a bungy for the hook to fit onto the 'sit in' section ....

post-2231-1224560276_thumb.jpg

post-2231-1224560305_thumb.jpg

Showing the bungy/bike tube to secure it to the yak

post-2231-1224560326_thumb.jpg

Haven't got any before photos, but here are the afters ......

Works a treat!!

Roberta

Very noice!

Does it come in different colours?

Does Keith ever go for a jog with it?

It looks good Roberta, solid too. Many many years ago (mid 80's) when I actually owned a big heavy ocean going yak, I had some collapsible wheels that strapped on to it. Not really practical. I think yours is a better design! Probably a lot cheaper too! Great work!

Cheers

Peter

PS Have you done anything about my idea for your "camera hat"?

G'day Peter

......Different colours ...... black, black & more black

....Keith jog with it ...... don't even suggest it! He'd use it as a training aid!!

.....collapsible wheels...... You should see the wheels this bloke has on his yak - paddling from Brisbane to Sydney & when he comes to land, he just wheels the yak across it!!

www.yak4earth.com.au

...."camera hat"...... I reckon I'd make everyone seasick with my constant looking 'left, right, left, right' for both fish & speeding boats!! I'd have it turned on at the wrong time or even forget that it was turned on & have no space or batteries left when I needed it!! Great idea tho!!! Send me a photo of your prototype! :) :)

Roberta

Edited by Roberta