Lake Macquarie

spence

Hello all - I am taking some mates up to Toukley in a couple of weeks - they are keen for a fish. We will be fishing from my tinnie. I had a look at Lake Macquarie last weekend around Swansea but it is a bit far from Toukley - although did find some good spots. Someone said to me they fish the southern end and put their boat in around Charmhaven. I will bring up some live poddy mullet and my mates wont be keen on using SP's. Anyone got any suggestions - no secret spots - i will find some areas as I am going up day before, but if there are any locals that could give me some idea's that would be good,

thanks spence

HI SPENCE69 TE BEST PLACE TO LAUNCH BOAT FROM TOUKLEY IN LAKE MACQ IS CAMS WHARF 5KLMS SOUTH O SWANSEA THEN HEAD OVER TO EAST SIDE OF PULBAH IS IF U HAVE GPS LOOK UP FISHERIES ARTIFICIAL REEFS IN LAKE GOOD AT NIGHT YOU CANT GET INTO LAKE MACQ FROM CHARMHAVEN THATS TUGGERAH LAKE KEEP YOUR EYEOUT FOR TAYLOR

Gday mate,

Yeh I agree with OffChops Cams Wharf is a good place to launch. If your targetting flatties theres some other members up this way that will be able to give you better advice than me but alot of people catch flatties around pulbah island. Personally I spent an arvo flicking plastics there but no luck. But heaps of people catch good fish there. Wangi point is good holds tailor at times and we have landed some nice bream from there. I've also landed a couple of nice flatties in swansea channel near the southern side boat ramp. I saw a metre plus lizard take off out of the sand there as well so they are around.

Good luck

joe