Port Hacking Squid And Gladesville Jewies

toyrnr

Went for a squid session this morning at my favourite wharf in Port Hacking. Only got one. Better than nothing. I love catching them. Caught him on a new Yamashita squid jig I just bought a few days ago it sure did the job 5 casts and i was on. Its a natural looking colour. Going to use Mr Squid later tonight in hope of a nice jewfish.

cheers

Nick

post-8006-1224894857_thumb.jpg

Edited by MALLIOS

Went out for a jewie session(landbased) at night the same day i caught the squid. The bloke at my local tackle shop told me about this place near the Gladesville Bridge where he has had success with jewfish nearly every session. Me and a mate fished with mullet and prawns but got no hits at all. We were waiting for the right time to throw the squid strips out because we only had one squid. When the squid baits went out I had a massive hit on one of the baits but then nothing. There was another guy fishing on the right of us who had a good run on a whole squid, but he striked too early and missed the hook-up. The squid came back with the head gone. About half an hour after he left one of the rods started a medium pace run towards the middle of the channel. I fish for jewies on strike drag so the fish got hooked as soon as it picked up the bait. I picked up the rod and applied more pressure. Then a horrible thing happened and the fish swam behind a snag and cut me off. Me and my mate were pretty annoyed because we waited all night for a run like that and we ended up getting busted off but that's fishing. The night was awsome and just getting a run is unreal. I recon it was a jewfish by the way it ran. Anyways next weekend again haha

cheers

Nick

Mallios,

welcome to the site!

with baits like that in the area your fishing you will always pick up jews on the right tide. Stick with it and the results will come. I have caught many jews from that area just gota do it right.

Good luck and keep the reports coming in.