Falling Aussie Dollar

Dreamtime

The Australian dollar has taken a hammering over the last few weeks. It will affect most all Australians and Expatriate Australians worldwide. How are the banks coping, especially the Reserve. How many Aussie dollars can they keep buying at this rate?? It is not having a favourable response this time round - that's for sure!!! God forbid if they stop buying - who knows how far it will fall.

November 1 2008 - remember this day - the price of Australian consumer products MUST rise by at least 25%

What worries me most about the crunch, is that if one of my cheque’s is returned stamped 'insufficient funds', I won't know whether that refers to mine or the bank's :tease:

How are other Raiders being affected with this downward slide??

Cheers

Mariner

The Australian dollar has taken a hammering over the last few weeks. It will affect most all Australians and Expatriate Australians worldwide. How are the banks coping, especially the Reserve. How many Aussie dollars can they keep buying at this rate?? It is not having a favourable response this time round - that's for sure!!! God forbid if they stop buying - who knows how far it will fall.

November 1 2008 - remember this day - the price of Australian consumer products MUST rise by at least 25%

What worries me most about the crunch, is that if one of my cheque’s is returned stamped 'insufficient funds', I won't know whether that refers to mine or the bank's :tease:

How are other Raiders being affected with this downward slide??

Cheers

Mariner

Dont plan any o/s trips for a while...

the earthmoving gear stopped at crissy and sales off earthmoving attachments also stoped at crissy

the good news for us is we have a logging contract for mat. that is 2 years and over seas sales will hopfully start to happen

hold on to your hats as the wild ride is just begining our credit card debits are some off the worst in the world

and have not yet been calculated

gary

its not actually too bad... the weak aussie dollar means that the demand for our products/commodities will increase big time so exports will rise heaps, keeping lots of people in jobs, will also eventually attract lots of foreign investment once the markets steady up a bit. Dont forget it wasnt all that long ago that the $A was in the 50c bracket and we were all fine....

Il tell you what the aussie expats will be loving it at the moment! Most get paid in US $ so there yearly earnings just bumped up a good 30%!!

its not actually too bad... the weak aussie dollar means that the demand for our products/commodities will increase big time so exports will rise heaps, keeping lots of people in jobs, will also eventually attract lots of foreign investment once the markets steady up a bit. Dont forget it wasnt all that long ago that the $A was in the 50c bracket and we were all fine....

Il tell you what the aussie expats will be loving it at the moment! Most get paid in US $ so there yearly earnings just bumped up a good 30%!!

Dont forget the Chinese Yuan, our dollar has devalued over 35% to the Yuan (RMB) since June. All those cheap tv's and consumer product just got that much dearer.