Striped Marlin

Bashir

Yes allen its my first. They were caught from Port on a mate's boat. Didn't get any pics of the first one which was an est 90-100kg black. Got a tag in it but it took off once more and the hook popped out on the trace from memory. Think I ended up with the black first, then a couple of 60-80kg stripes then a little 30kg black. Not too sure on all those weights though so give or take. We got a total of 7 for the day. Lures didn't even touch the water. The reason I was on the rod for four was because swoffa was supposed to fish the next day and I couldn't have him beat me.

Yes allen its my first.  They were caught from Port on a mate's boat.  Didn't get any pics of the first one which was an est 90-100kg black.  Got a tag in it but it took off once more and the hook popped out on the trace from memory.  Think I ended up with the black first, then a couple of 60-80kg stripes then a little 30kg black.  Not too sure on all those weights though so give or take.  We got a total of 7 for the day.  Lures didn't even touch the water.  The reason I was on the rod for four was because swoffa was supposed to fish the next day and I couldn't have him beat me.

32680[/snapback]

The release doesnt matter just so long as the tag is in. 100kg black is a very nice first fish

congratulations again awesome effort and makes all those fishless trips worth while dont it.

When I do it on my own boat I will be jumping for joy. Really I was just doing the winding. But to see 7 marlin in a day was a real highlight. It was good to finally stick a tag in one after losing a couple on earlier attempts. Allen I can't even count how many fishless trips I have done, but I would do it all over again for a day like that again.

We could have made your tally five if we managed to get that little black that decided to steal the slimey off the bait jig.

Bash's first fish was a solid black, and green as hell. I wont forget that jump it did while I had it on the trace.

The stripes you got bash would be closer to the 80kg mark, they were well built fish, and also a pain in the rear on the trace, at least we managed to get some pics of one of them !

Chris