Botany Bay 10/11/08

Penguin

Hi Raiders,

My girlfriends been harassing me to take her for a fish since she has her own rod and reel now.

So I decided to take her out to Botany bay as I haven't been there for ages.

We set off from Penhryn ramp at about 8am, and head to the entrance to the bay as

I could see bird activity there. We arrive and are confronted by heaps of gulls, and

Slimeys. We threw some metal slugs around for a bit off fun didn't catch any

big predators among the Slimeys, but we did get a heap of them instead. After we had

a dozen in the tank, we set off for some down rigging. Dropped the riggers down and proceeded

around various markers for the next hour and a half, we totally lucked out not a touch on

any of our liveys.

post-1664-1226320244_thumb.jpg

We did see a gray fin at one of the markers as we approached.

post-1664-1226320273_thumb.jpg

It looked like a shark fin at 1st but it was only this guy.

post-1664-1226320300_thumb.jpg

After getting bored of the downrigging we set off for my secret spot near the oil wharf :1prop:

My girl wanted to get her 1st King after seeing a school of them in Rose Bay with me last week.

20 mins after arrival there we started to get hits, and we started to hook into a few trevs 35-42cm

post-1664-1226320323_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1226320349_thumb.jpg

After awhile one of the rods with a live slimey goes off, after a bit of tuition from myself , the

g/friend lands her 1st ever Kingy, she was over the moon even though it was only a little fella

at 50cm.

post-1664-1226320368_thumb.jpg

We continued to catch Trevs, got checked by the police and had another couple of blistering

runs, one on a live Slimey the other on a large peeled prawn. Hooks pulled and we lost em both,

one at the side of the boat :ranting2::wife: He was a good King way over legal size.

We set off for home mid arvo with some of the trevs we caught for a feed. The missus was

happy she got her 1st King and 1st Trevs after only her 2nd attempt at fishing.

I think I may have her hooked. :thumbup:

post-1664-1226320406_thumb.jpg

penguin

Edited by penguin

Looks like a great day was had by all. :thumbup:

Good to have a fishing partner that enjoys as much as you do. :yahoo:

Nice catch there mate, and the trevs don't look to bad also. :biggrin2:

One lucky fisherdood indeed. :1fishing1:

Cheers

Mariner

I've been looking for a girlfriend that likes fishing but the wife keeps frightening them off

Edited by Mariner 31