Flathead In The Bay 12th Nov

kingfishercam

Went out with a mate thismorning in hope of the odd kingy but had no luck , trolled some hard bodies around yarra bay for nothing but a dirty old seargant baker.After a pretty un eventful morning we headed to a drift on towra which has shown up with the goods in the past and it didnt prove us wrong this time either. First cast of 3 inch pumpkinseed minnow boats a fat 65cm lizard , second cast and my mate is onto a screamer, peeled some drag and a few head shakes and busts us off at the boat , a few cast later and we still are getting plenty of touches.Freshen up the s-p and bang , all within 20 mtrs im onto a estimated 5 kilo lizard who gave me curry for the next 10 mins on 4lb line.Finaly got her in , mearured her up at just short of 80 cm. Must of been a hungry fish as it spat out a whole squid (big bastard squid ). A few quick pics and it was all worth the fight to watch swim away for another feed.

post-256-1226461475_thumb.jpg

Edited by kingfishercam

Went out with a mate thismorning in hope of the odd kingy but had no luck , trolled some hard bodies around yarra bay for nothing but a dirty old seargant baker.After a pretty un eventful morning we headed to a drift on towra which has shown up with the goods in the past and it didnt prove us wrong this time either. First cast of 3 inch pumpkinseed minnow boats a fat 65cm lizard , second cast and my mate is onto a screamer, peeled some drag and a few head shakes and busts us off at the boat , a few cast later and we still are getting plenty of touches.Freshen up the s-p and bang , all within 20 mtrs im onto a estimated kilo lizard who gave me curry for the next 10 mins on 4lb line.Finaly got her in , mearured her up at just short of 80 cm. Must of been a hungry fish as it spat out a whole squid (big bastard squid ). A few quick pics and it was all worth the fight to watch swim away for another feed.

post-256-1226461475_thumb.jpg

What a top result, good on you.

Considering there has been a fair few complaints posted about the poor fishing in the Bay lately the crocs coming out of the region are impressive.

Maybe reports of Botany Bay's demise have been premature (to paraphrase someone or other)

DAVE