I Blooded The Hobie

nargse1

hi all

took my new yak out today with a client from work and yes dear (the experienced one).

took abit of getting used to but i think im getting it now.

also loaded and unloaded it on and off the 4wd solo. :1clap: (which now means i can get out more even though i only got it yesterday)

went from around 11am-2pm down at the local.

i got one just leagal bream 1st catch for the yak.

two average tailor

one nice big flounder

and one flathead round the 50cm mark

ok guys im hooked onto yet another hobbie or should i say hobie :1prop:

There'll be no stopping you now, Damien! Congrats on your first fish from your new Hobby, the Hobie!! :) :)

Roberta

Next time you go out, just lean left & right & see what limit you can set for 'comfy' angles ..... it'll help for when you get into rougher water & you'll know your limits.

Also make sure everything is TIED ON!!! It is not a matter of 'if' just 'WHEN"!

There'll be no stopping you now, Damien! Congrats on your first fish from your new Hobby, the Hobie!! :) :)

Roberta

Next time you go out, just lean left & right & see what limit you can set for 'comfy' angles ..... it'll help for when you get into rougher water & you'll know your limits.

Also make sure everything is TIED ON!!! It is not a matter of 'if' just 'WHEN"!

hey Roberta,

i actually gave the yak a bit of a rocking pretty much as soon as i left land to see how much it could take. ithought if i go in the drink it might aswell be now so i learn. to my suprise i was taking in water left and right and was still upright.

i felt i could get up and crawl around, possibly stand up (but ill attempt this another day)

im thinkin of venturing out closer to the harbour next trip.

slowly ill get there. i have that marlin in mind. lol

:tease:

my 3yr old daughter has named my yak DORA which is a kids cartoon for you that dont know. DORA THE EXPLORA.

is this a suitable name or is it lame???do u even name kayaks?

....im thinkin of venturing out closer to the harbour next trip...... just make sure you have a life jacket on! :1yikes:

Also make sure the rear scupper holes are 'empty'!! THey are designed to allow the water to drain out. If you have them plugged up in heavy water, your rear can be dragged down a bit, especially if you have a crate full of gear there too! I don't usually get my seat wet unless it is raining or I am in really rough water & big waves!

Dora sounds good for a name! :) Your daughter will be happy :) Yep, both mine are named!

Roberta

:yahoo::thumbup::beersmile: Theres no going back now, you understand? The addiction takes hold quick and swift. Soon you will want your yak permanently fused to your buttocks. Anyway you did better than my first time, I only managed a couple of bream and a flatty all undersize. I was still glowing tho, I reckon its at least triple the satisfaction of catching a fish from anywhere else.

yea hey i loved catching fish off the yak. totally diferent fishing style but a good one.

just like to know if you do catch and wanna keep it where do u guys keep them???

my fishing is mostly catch n release but just incase?

I just have an esky I put behind the seat, fill up the bottom with ice and your good to go. Only problem is when you get a big arse flatty its hard to squeeze them in. Youve also got all the space inside the yaks body accessed via the hatches, but it stinks inside mine, and I prefer putting the fish on ice straight away.

I have a 'holey' shopping bag that slips over the front rod holder & the fish sit in it, in the water! I added a Wetsuit Zipper to the top, to keep them there, after a few decided to make a dash for freedom when I first started using it! :(

Some folk leave them in the water at the bottom of the pedals :1prop:

Cheers

Roberta