Botany Bay Kings

kingie

post-7498-1227155984_thumb.jpgHi raiders,

Decided to take a day off today as it was such an ugly morning. :1badmood:

Things got a lot better as we hit the water. :biggrin2: The rain came down but the bay was calm and just the way I like it, EMPTY. It had a good feel about it as we headed off to to get some squid.

We picked up 5 in an hour and thought we would beat the mad rush of boats and start downrigging.

What boats, there was no one but us. There was plenty of action on the sounder and within 5 minutes, bang bang zzzzzzzzzzzzz, we was on. :1fishing1:

I struggled for a while and as it glided to the top I couldn't believe how big it was. One look at us and it had the same feeling and down it went. I got it to the boat with help from my mate Ace. It hit the deck and slaped us around. What a fish! :1yikes:

We caught six others but only kept three of those. There were heaps of under sized ones ready for summer. :thumbup:

105cm 8.3kg

Edited by kingie

Nice work. Kickin myself as I was going to head out in the bay this morning also but the wet weather forecast turned me off. Love to see a pic of that beast sounds like a thumper. Anyhow I'm going to have a crack on Friday, hope I do half as good as you did. Well done.

Cheers...Waterrat

NICE FISH MATE UNREAL GOOD JOB :1fishing1: WHERE DID YOU GO AND GET THE SQUID FROM ??

We got them around Yarra Bay.

Just look for kelp and keep drifting across all areas until you find them.

Plenty of time wasting but great when you find them.

nice stuff mate... awesome fish... it looks so long compared 2 its girth... what lb line did u get it on?

Used 30lb braid with 50lb mono trace

post-7498-1227155984_thumb.jpgHi raiders,

Decided to take a day off today as it was such an ugly morning. :1badmood:

Things got a lot better as we hit the water. :biggrin2: The rain came down but the bay was calm and just the way I like it, EMPTY. It had a good feel about it as we headed off to to get some squid.

We picked up 5 in an hour and thought we would beat the mad rush of boats and start downrigging.

What boats, there was no one but us. There was plenty of action on the sounder and within 5 minutes, bang bang zzzzzzzzzzzzz, we was on. :1fishing1:

I struggled for a while and as it glided to the top I couldn't believe how big it was. One look at us and it had the same feeling and down it went. I got it to the boat with help from my mate Ace. It hit the deck and slaped us around. What a fish! :1yikes:

We caught six others but only kept three of those. There were heaps of under sized ones ready for summer. :thumbup:

105cm 8.3kg

what sort of downrigger have you got?

What a beauty. I've had a fair crack at the Bay Kings and have been impressed with some smaller models, but that one would have stretched me. :1yikes:

Looks like its time to hit the gym and work on the arms and back if I am going to stand a chance of hanging on to hoodlum's like that.

GOOB