Fishing Plans And Goals For 2009

GregL

Hi Raiders.

With 2009 fast approching, what are your plans and goals for 2009?

Fish wise #

-I'm after a billfish out of the new boat.

-A 10kg red in NSW waters on plastics

-A 6kg red out of Sydney waters on plastics.

Trip wise #

-Was looking at doing a few weeks travel up the West Australian coast sampling different charters and live-a-boards on the way threw.

But then.

-A mate asked me if I was willing to join a group of trailer boats joining a mother ship out of far north QLD. Idea is to ship/truck the boats up to Cairns or Gladstone areas and fish the coast to reefs and everything in between following the mothership as we move around.....

-Must get back to Awoonga in between other fishing trips!

So there is my short list of achievable goals for 2009, what are yours?

Greg

Edited by GregL

To get a bit bigger boat so I can do one day tournies and take the kids out in a bit more comfort

To get out and use the snapper jigheads Hooky has been making for a few reddies(everytime we are both free weather turns to crap)

Top ten finish as a nonboater in an ABT tournie

well already got my big flatty:P.....get a 40cm/1kg bream on plastic.....a jew on plastic and also get up to lake awoonga , and start a bit more fresh water fishing....

ohhh almost forgot and get into poppering fro bream, whiting and flathead on sand flats:P

Edited by flatty hunter626

-Finish building my log home on Lake Athabasca in Canada

-convincing my wife to let us move to Exmouth for a few months so I can work at the hospital there and fish

Ningaloo Reef :wife:

-catch a GT and Bonefish on fly

-catch a Drummer on fly

-have a child( my wife, not me...lol)

-A mate asked me if I was willing to join a group of trailer boats joining a mother ship out of far north QLD. Idea is to ship/truck the boats up to Cairns or Gladstone areas and fish the coast to reefs and everything in between following the mothership as we move around.....

-Must get back to Awoonga in between other fishing trips!

So there is my short list of achievable goals for 2009, what are yours?

Greg

Dude you couldnt do any worse than baseing yourselves at 1770 Reef fishing which I consider the best on the Great Barrier reef other than the outer barrier reef off Cape York and around an hour and a half drive to Awoonga or Monduran So much variety and add sails and small blacks at the right time of the year

GOALS FOR 2009

* CATCH A 5KG SNAPPER AROUND SYDNEY

* CATCH A LEGAL KINGIE AROUND SYDNEY

* CATCH SOME 7KG PLUS JEWS OUT OF THE HARBOUR

* GET SOME NEW GPS SYSTEMS FOR THE BOAT

* RE-CARPET THE BOAT

* FINISH IN THE TOP 5 IN THE AUS OPEN

* MAKE EITHER THE ABT BREAM OR BASS GRAND FINAL(PREFER BOTH IN THE 1YR)

* BUY A NEW 4X4

THAT'S ABOUT IT FOR MY GOAL'S

I would love to upgrade motor from 70 yammy to at least a 115 ETEC

and land my first jew and king dont even care if under sized sounds pretty poor i know after reading the

other posts of raiders wanting a 10 kg plus jew or king if anyone can help would love to learn you could

come on my boat or i can follow

cheers

Adzzy

Hey Gregy,

mine is to win the Bing Lee Australian Open and I don't even mind if you come second :biggrin2:

Buz

Hey Buz!

Mate looks like I'll have a big handycap now, my old skeeter just got sold so now if I don't find a boat to borrow I'll be fishing it with no leccy out of the Contender!

7hour days flogging the flats.......Doh

Might have to bring in new rules, no leccys allowed just to even it up a bit LOL!

Greg

For me it's going to be get my licence and a car then I can do more fishing and go to more placees. :yahoo: At 49yrs I must be the oldest learner driver in the country. :074:

my dad got his licence when he turned 50 ...........

good luck with it it will open up so much fishing ground and freedom that you will not know yourself :1prop:

craig

My goals are quite simple.

First third of the year I am going to crack the metre on a flatty.

Middle third I will crack 45cm on a blacky.

Last third a 45cm whiting.

In between I will get a couple of metre plus Jews in the Georges and any size Jew in the Hacking.

Dave

Plus move out of the unit (after 19yrs) and into a house

Nothing so bold as to state a size but ANY kingy from my own boat would be a great start. And again I'm not fussed about the size so much bu a legal sized jew would be nice to.

To be honest I should just say to get out on the water on a regular basis rather than having the battery in the boat going falt from lack of use.

Paul

Good thread ... Hmmmmm after much daydreaming at work I have come up with the following wish list for 2009:

Marlin (or TEN!) to the boat this season

1m+ Kingie

A couple of reliable flathead drifts out of Broken Bay (kids love flatty fillets)

Cobia out of Port Stephens

1m+ Dollie out of Broken Bay

Hey Andy

You going to Port Stephens for interclub?

G