Nice Spot To Stay No More Than 2-3hrs From Sydney

locodave

I was going to book a nice waterfront cottage by the Hawkesburry but they are only available two nights minimum.

Anyone know any nice places where I could stay for one night? Like lake conjola for example, right by the water, boat ramp, good fishing etc?

Mate do your self a favor and spend a weekend on the Hawksbury in one of those houses.

I have stayed in 5 different ones and all are a little different and have their own charm.

I love it and you do need 2 days as the first your so excited you need the extra just to really feel the Hawkesbury experience.

My only problem now is I'm limited to one house as most places can only fit upto a 20ft boat on the pontoons.

The hampers they offer are sensational and the 2 ladies that run it are fab!

Greg

harrington caravan park has good cabins and fishing river breakwall beach all 2 min walk pub 6 min walk

food shops 2 min walk i love the place

10 min drive to crowdy head if your fishing out side

cherrs gary

Plus one for Harrington,Recently moved up to the area,bloody beautiful.

• 1 month later...

I know your probably already there considering the time, but you could try laurieton/north haven area. Nice lakes, beaches its only a short while longer than travelling to Harrington.

Also - if you stay at laurieton theres a back road that goes past diamond head, kylies beach, abbey creek (awesome spot for tailor), then at the other side of the road you are in crowdy head which is a 10 minute drive away from harrington.

So you get to see a lot of spots.

Yes Harrington is a Beautiful place.

If you stay at the Big 4 Caravan Park there you are only about a short walk away from The break wall , Shops , Pub , and bowling club.

We were up there not to long ago , when the Nrl Grandfinal was on. Really Friendly people up there.

Not bad fishing aswell .

Also Theres Patonga , at the hawkesbury , not bad caravan park there either.

Or if you wanted to head down south , at Kiama there's another Big 4 Caravan Park there too. & Kiama Has some pretty good fishing aswell.

Cheers , Rhys.

Mate do your self a favor and spend a weekend on the Hawksbury in one of those houses.

I have stayed in 5 different ones and all are a little different and have their own charm.

I love it and you do need 2 days as the first your so excited you need the extra just to really feel the Hawkesbury experience.

My only problem now is I'm limited to one house as most places can only fit upto a 20ft boat on the pontoons.

The hampers they offer are sensational and the 2 ladies that run it are fab!

Greg

Hey GregL

Bullethead here,what's the name of these cabins and where are they.They sound good,thought I might take the missus and two girls there for along weekend and hopefully get a fish in as well.

Thanks Bullethead