Day 2 On The Stones + I Need Help Please!

taloyoak

Hi Gang,

Went back to the Ovens today with Luderick 59 in tow. This was where he has caught many of his PB fish, including a 21lb Pig!!!.

Conditions were really good...or so I thought.

Armed with Cunje, bread and cabbage we tried and tried, but all I could produce was a couple of good hits, and one lost Pig ( didn't get to see it but it was a rod bender).

It seemed as though today was the Annual Sweep Convention there...lol.

Pete managed a nice Sweep...lol but nothing else, he even managed to catch a juicy big red crab- but no Grouper unfortunately.

As is always the case when Pete and I fish- soon after he left I landed a nice Silver Trevally. But that was it!.

I was hoping that someone could maybe point me in the right direction to help the Sealion that I saw yesterday. It is still there, and hasn't moved at all. It has a wound on it's front flipper that looks infected, but otherwise I couldn't see anything else, but it was fairly aggro when I go too close. Is there someone like an animal rescue or similar, that can go and help it, or take it and nurse it until it heals. I would appreciate it if anyone would know who to call etc. I took my good camera today, so snapped a few for everyone.

I'm going back there again tomorrow if it is nice, maybe take some lures for LBG.

Cheers,

Matt ( and Pete) :)

post-8890-1227772641_thumb.jpg

post-8890-1227772686_thumb.jpg

post-8890-1227772733_thumb.jpg

post-8890-1227772760_thumb.jpg

Hi Matt ,

Im sure that sea lion will be fine , there tough buggers . . Now with the rough seas last week im sure he would have had a lot of trouble getting on the rocks where he is...so the sealion is just resting up . Now if your fishing there tommorow im sure he would love a great feed of fish . . . And your generosity will be rewarded..

Cheers John.... :1fishing1:

hi matt

i fish for pigs not far from the ovens and it seems like sweeps have called all the good ledges home. couple of years ago the ledge i fish was free of them but this year is the worst. cant get the bait to the bottom. i found that warmer water is worst and cold water of winter is better with less sweeps around.

btw were u fishing inner or outer ovens. needs a bit of a climb for the outer one right? keep trying, some nice pigs around

tight line

bert

hi matt

i fish for pigs not far from the ovens and it seems like sweeps have called all the good ledges home. couple of years ago the ledge i fish was free of them but this year is the worst. cant get the bait to the bottom. i found that warmer water is worst and cold water of winter is better with less sweeps around.

btw were u fishing inner or outer ovens. needs a bit of a climb for the outer one right? keep trying, some nice pigs around

tight line

bert

The ovens can be a great place for pelagics when the currents bring in the bait schools . B & B fishing might be better in other spots with better holding country , try on the northern point of whale beach . There is some great spots that have yielded better results then the ovens for me.

G'day gang

Mate there's aheap of places around up your way.Try in the southern corner of Parlm Beach Usualy fires best during or after a big southly. Give it a go :thumbup:

And bit of addvice on the seal NEAVER get between them and the water.They might look ungamely on land but can be very fast over a short disstance :1yikes: