Hardest Fighting Fish Encounter

Guest linton

Hardest Fighting Fish  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is the name of the Hardest Fighting Fish that you have fought?

• Black King / Cobia
    • Yellowtail Kingfish
    • Jewfish
    • Black Marlin
    • Striped Marlin
    • Blue Marlin
    • Mako Shark
    • Yellow Fin Tuna
    • Giant Trevally
    • Gummy Shark
    • Bronze Whaler
    • Spanish Mackeral
    • Barramundi
    • OTHER

So Raiders.

Have posted a few choices of fish from the deep.

Please Tell me what the hardest fighting fish that you have encountered with may be!!

If it is not on the list post into other.

Thanks and Have Fun

Ive caught a yellowfin about 15lb admitedly on about 40lb mono and it went hard but came in fairly quick, Ive caught pigs and big silver drummer to 18lb off the rocks, and jew to 25lb, but for sheer power, kingies out pull anything I have encountered before.The first kingie I ever caught was undersize and blew me away with their pulling power, I couldnt believe how small it was when i landed it, and the bigger they get the harder they pull! the only other thing that came close was a 7lb trevally on 15lb mono from cathrine hill bay.

If we are talking pound for pound - the humble blackfish or mullet is hard to beat on light line.Always good fun!

Pete.

King, but Ive got no means of comparison. I caught my first last week, and jeez I'd never heard my reel sing like that before! He was undersize by 10cm but I was left with shaking hands and had a big grin on my face for..... hey, I'm still smiling now actually!

I dont think i will get ANY arguement at all here. You left it off the list, but basically the hardest fishting fish in the sea can be summarised into two simple words: FANBELLIED LEATHERJACKET

The sheer speed of the initial run will leave the most seasoned angler breathless! The last one gave my reel backlash....and it was a threadline! Very picky feeders though so they are very difficult to hook...

I dont think i will get ANY arguement at all here. You left it off the list, but basically the hardest fishting fish in the sea can be summarised into two simple words: FANBELLIED LEATHERJACKET

The sheer speed of the initial run will leave the most seasoned angler breathless! The last one gave my reel backlash....and it was a threadline! Very picky feeders though so they are very difficult to hook...

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post: what about the awesome puffer fish!

You look at this on a pound for pound basis and tackle used different species have their own characteristics as I crew for cpt Ross Hunter I'd say pound for pound striped marlin go pretty hard we use 24kg line on average it takes 20-40 minutes to land a 65-70kg stripe but we have fought these in the 120kg range for much longer but the 3 species we encounter have their own different characteristic way of fighting so it is difficult to compare certainly a big Blue will be most explosive and just charge into the distance with no choice but to just chase it down amid a rush of water coming of the pressure wave over the transome my view is how does any other angling compare to that?