Botany Bay

Belly

Hit the bay at 8am to fish the incoming tide with my father. Since he has retired he has lots of spare time and is always ready to go. Went to my new spot which was I recently shown. It was very calm with a small NW blowing which help our drift. Nothing on the first drift and except for being harassed by some squid. Second time around I landed a nice 52cm flattie, then dad landed a 57cm model. Just after it was landed fishers officers came and checked the catch and our licenses.

Next drift I hooked onto something and as the drag started to scream it bust from the water and spat the hook. I think that it may have been a salmon, not sure but would have liked to land it.

Dad then landed his PB flattie (60cm) which took a while to get into the boat. It was a nice specimen and he said looks like I’ve landed this biggest today.

That was true and until five minutes later I hooked something which took me a while to get to the boat as it kept taking runs, when it got into sight dad new he was beat. Took a while to get in as every time it saw the net it would take off, as dad got the net under it the leader snapped. The jig head and plastic was lodged right down its throat and it was bleeding. Even though it measured 75cm we decided to keep her. The wind then came up and we headed home at 11.30. Took some pictures when we got home.

post-6374-1228300968_thumb.jpg

Hit the bay at 8am to fish the incoming tide with my father. Since he has retired he has lots of spare time and is always ready to go. Went to my new spot which was I recently shown. It was very calm with a small NW blowing which help our drift. Nothing on the first drift and except for being harassed by some squid. Second time around I landed a nice 52cm flattie, then dad landed a 57cm model. Just after it was landed fishers officers came and checked the catch and our licenses.

Next drift I hooked onto something and as the drag started to scream it bust from the water and spat the hook. I think that it may have been a salmon, not sure but would have liked to land it.

Dad then landed his PB flattie (60cm) which took a while to get into the boat. It was a nice specimen and he said looks like I’ve landed this biggest today.

That was true and until five minutes later I hooked something which took me a while to get to the boat as it kept taking runs, when it got into sight dad new he was beat. Took a while to get in as every time it saw the net it would take off, as dad got the net under it the leader snapped. The jig head and plastic was lodged right down its throat and it was bleeding. Even though it measured 75cm we decided to keep her. The wind then came up and we headed home at 11.30. Took some pictures when we got home.

post-6374-1228300968_thumb.jpg

I tried Squidgy Fish Silver Fox after reading about them in a number of posts. Dad used pumpkinseed minnow.