Coming Soon

mick r

ON the way we have a new boat that may interest some of you guys it is a Multi-species it has higher sides than a standard Tr model and more of a v bottomed hull the ideal all purpose Tournament/Ski/Family/Fishing(say sydney heads and out side on a good to ok day)

The Boat should arrive in about three weeks

Here is a sneak preview

post-197-1109222551_thumb.jpg

Our model will be a 17ft 7'' with a 115 merc salt water on the back

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

Edited by mick r

say sydney heads and out side on a good to ok day

I reckon it would have to be better than good day to get that thing out side. I get a bit tired of people recommending these breaming and bass boats for use in an offshore environment. I note that you say it has more of a v hull which I guess is a good thing but how much is the deadrise on those things?? Is it really a v boat or is it just a big v for a bream boat. They have jack all freeboard too, have you tried fighting a decent fish in these boats offshore before telling people they're ok to take outside?? I reckon you'd be swimming in no time despite it having 'higher sides' What is the point in having sides a few centremetres higher than nothing, it won't stop you falling overboard, in fact from the looks of those pictures it would probably just trip you right at your ankles. :thumbdown:

I dont recall saying off shore now i sais around sydney heads and out on a good day on a good day ive been at the valiant wreck in my 385 savage jabiru which is a flat bottom ive also been out in a hornet and many other as you call em bream boats and i tell ya one thing i feal alot safer in a glass triton even the bass one that ive had on the water numerous times

I was'nt saying go catch a marlin in the thing i was saying that it will be a multi purpose preformance fishing boat thats all

sorry if i have offened anyone :05:

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

Bashir,

he did say on an OK day, I have been out chasing samon on a half decnet day in my 630F and have guys in small tinnies right beside me like all boats it all dependeant on conditions, and you dont need to head out, botany bay with a good wind is rougher than being outside some times, for what the Tritons are designed for they are great looking boat.

I'm not offended. :1prop: When Mick said outside, I took it as the same as going offshore. When I say I'm heading outside, I mean I'm going more than a 100m from shore :-rolleyes. I know you didn't mean marlin, but heading out past the 30m line in that thing would be unsafe IMHO.

Tony I have seen tinnies at the FAD, but that doesn't make it a good idea. :1yikes: But yeh I know what you mean.

I see a lot of heroes out in deep blue on some pretty calm days, but the weather does turn to shit without warning as I'm sure you are aware and those boats can and sometimes do get caught out. It would be a shame if those people had taken their boats out because the dealer said it would be ok. But if its limits are as you say, coastal stuff around the heads where it is a quick spin to be back in safe waters then I guess I'll just have to say good luck with your sales!